PDA

View Full Version : Cran d'Ache & Aqua Monolith

sassybird
08-20-2000, 01:51 PM
I bought a 30 set of Cran d'Ache about a year ago on sale, and am just now getting around to experimenting with them. I love the results I am getting. Has anyone else worked with these water soluble crayons?

A few days ago I saw a 24 set of Aqua Monilith by Creatacolor on ebay for a starting bid of $9.99. I looked them up in my Daniel Smith catalog and found that they normally run for $35 for a 24 set. I have worked with watercolor pencils but never with these. Does any one have experience with them?

msue
08-22-2000, 09:30 AM
I've only bought a few single colors and have used them as accents only. Usually the gold or silver. Mostly my use has been in adding color to one of my blockprints. I would love to hear about and see some of your results.

sassybird
08-25-2000, 12:02 AM
msue, they are very opaque and that is taking some getting used to. Almost the consistiency of gouache. But, I enjoy being able to draw with them like crayons. It is going to take some practice to see how far I can test them.....lol I am always pushing the limits with my supplies.

------------------
sass