PDA

View Full Version : Galway Bay Oystercatcher

ripvanblair
07-12-2001, 08:19 PM
I would like your opinion on my painting,it's a few washes all done at the same time. thanking you ripvan

Javier
07-12-2001, 08:42 PM
Ripvanblair, your painting, "Galway Bay Oystercatcher" is very original and unique. I especially like the sky with its very hot sun shinning though. The full sails say speed and bow wake verifies it.

What size is the original painting?

The Best,

majaya
07-12-2001, 09:10 PM
This is a beautiful display of complimentary colours. The billowing clouds on the right seem to be leading the boat through the water. I can feel the wind on my face. I would soften the reflection of the boat a little and would the edges not be more jagged caused by the ripples of the water. Mary

NorahT
07-12-2001, 10:08 PM
Hi ripvanblair - I like this composition - very nicely balanced. I love the colours! Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

ripvanblair
07-13-2001, 03:22 AM
Thank you for your kind words,it's approx A3 size,and was inspired by a holiday there once,I don't know if they are oystercatchers,but that's what I was told by two old Guiness drinkers,so who knows. Thank you once again I've been very encouraged. Alan

ripvanblair
07-13-2001, 03:28 AM
Thank you Mary I agree completely with your comments,the reflections would be different,but I painted it in around half an hour,I wanted to catch the moment,after your kind comments,I'll dig the photos out and try a more detailed study Alan

ripvanblair
07-13-2001, 03:31 AM
Thank you Norah ,I painted it very quickly,but thanks to your kind words,I'll try some more. Alan

Leaflin
07-13-2001, 08:06 AM
Beautiful sunset Alan.
The wind in the sails makes it come alive.

T-Rex
07-13-2001, 08:16 AM
Hiya Alan,

I like it a lot, really feels like the wind is blowing.....1/2 an hour? You captured the moment indeed!:clap: ....Karen

Rod
07-13-2001, 05:29 PM
Love your choice of colours, sky is dramatic and draws you in .
I agree a lighter rippled reflection would be ideal,

The atmosphere has been captured very well,

Rod.

Rosebud
07-13-2001, 08:48 PM
Nice job:clap:

My only observation would be to have moved the "moon" up to the lightest part of the sky..where the yellow and blue meets.

Great !

Rosebud