PDA

View Full Version : Abstract takeover

Gollator
02-11-2018, 12:50 PM
Hey,

so my son (almost 5) wanted to use "my" colors and I let him though I knew he was already tired. Consequently, he lost interest after the first minutes, rubbing some colors here and there.

Finishing what you begin is a major topic amongst us these days, but we could agree on me working the image to its completion. I guess that makes this piece collaborative... well, he said he likes the overall result.

Let me know what you think, thanks for looking.

Cheers,
Daniel

Acrylics on canvas, 50x70cm

evebart
02-11-2018, 01:15 PM
Cool way to start an artwork. Definitely some neat textures in there. I like the little light circles—how did you get those? I find the dark blue and sepia mass a little overwhelming, but eh.

drorn
02-11-2018, 01:25 PM

Artchrispy
02-11-2018, 02:08 PM
I like it. I'm seeing a night time landscape in there but am not sure if it's intended. There are a few interesting alternative crops as well.

Laurelwood
02-12-2018, 07:48 AM
I love it - makes me feel like I'm in a different universe and there are creatures inhabiting it. This is the approach I take to my abstracts. My 6 year old son and I did a collaboration a while back...this makes me want to post that too. Anyone with kids, I recommend doing collaborations with them - you work with chaos and unexpected things happen. It's super fun, even with kids (like my son) who don't necessarily like to do art all that often.

KreativeK
02-12-2018, 09:30 AM
Daniel, I really admire this collaborative effort, and what a smart way to start an abstract letting a child have a go. Since I don't have any may borrow my nephew's sons who are both very creative. I do enjoy your linear effects and the textures you have within it.

cmallav
02-12-2018, 11:23 AM
I like the collaborative work. I've been wanting to do this with my teenage son, although he has no interest! I like the textures and colors..so well balanced. A very very interesting piece indeed!

laf.art
02-12-2018, 01:01 PM
Pretty cohesive considering the tiredness of one of the collaborators.

Boafamily
02-12-2018, 02:46 PM
Dynamic duo for sure.