PDA

View Full Version : Colors too intense?

Gerardo G.
02-02-2018, 01:35 PM
This is a work of mine I photographed. I tried to give life to the work by showing intense colors. Can you please answer this for me: those the piece look good with those intense colors or are they too intense for it to look good?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Feb-2018/1984738-Landscape-1.jpg

La_
02-02-2018, 04:04 PM
too intense for some and just right for others.

paint to your style intensity, don't paint for others, unless they've hired you to do so and have told you what they want.

i like the intensity, the minimal content, the comp, the color choices, the deep canvas.

la

Eraethil
02-03-2018, 12:20 AM
I like the intensity of the colours!

You might rethink the way you state what you are trying to do. It is hard for some to imagine a work to be "given life" with such artificial colours, but bright colours are "exciting" "energizing" and "child-pleasing". Sometimes the words you choose are important to get your idea or question across.

Is the piece cast in resin?

Gerardo G.
02-03-2018, 05:03 AM
too intense for some and just right for others.

paint to your style intensity, don't paint for others, unless they've hired you to do so and have told you what they want.

i like the intensity, the minimal content, the comp, the color choices, the deep canvas.

la
What a beautiful thing to say. I feel really flattered; thank you! And that's a great tip.

I like the intensity of the colours!

You might rethink the way you state what you are trying to do. It is hard for some to imagine a work to be "given life" with such artificial colours, but bright colours are "exciting" "energizing" and "child-pleasing". Sometimes the words you choose are important to get your idea or question across.

Is the piece cast in resin?
I see what you mean. Thanks! Did you believe it's resin due to the reflections? The reflections are from the plexiglass of the shadow box. There's no resin. I designed and made the shadow box myself :).

Katie Black
02-03-2018, 12:06 PM
I think there is something very interesting here, the size and colours all work together to make it an object of interest and appeal..nice!

Artchrispy
02-03-2018, 02:56 PM
I don't think they are too intense. Since you are only working with the two colors it makes sense to try an approach to conjure as much intensity and contrast as you can muster. A second interpretation to try similar colors lower saturation colors of only slightly different tones. The sky is the limit, no wrong answers really.

Eraethil
02-04-2018, 04:25 AM
Yes, I was trying to decide whether it was a glassed box or resin due to the reflections. The plexiglass edge looked so sharp that I guessed I was looking at a resin edge, sanded and polished. The presentation is as beautiful as the piece contained in it.

Gerardo G.
02-04-2018, 08:35 PM
You guys are too kind with those comments :). I feel really proud of this work.

Boafamily
02-06-2018, 03:55 PM
They are bold with a purpose nice going.

ArtMarkie
02-08-2018, 11:45 AM
It is intense yet there is some shading in areas. Work well together.