PDA

View Full Version : handmade paper/block prints

bowen
11-05-2003, 03:55 PM
Thanks to all for a great site. Found this rather by 'accident ',maybe...? Not sure how all of these codes & icons work, one of these days I'll get it.
I've done quite abit of carving and block printing,but couldn't find much in ther way of interesting paper until recently[Thank You Dan'l Smith] so, started making my own. Works great with woodblock/lino and embossing,but a bit to the dense side for other types of paper projects[i.e. shades,coverings for 'shoji-style' lights that I make.
Any print/paper-makerswilling to share ideas,techniques,possible co-op project ?

sassybird
11-06-2003, 01:12 AM
Welcome to Wetcanvas, Bowen. I did a lot of paper making in college, and used some of it for relief prints. You are right it is great for those. It picks up the color, and gives a nice texture depending on what aside from linters you used in the paper.

Post some of your work. We would love to see it. Printmaking is a small forum since there are few of us on the site, but we share a lot of info here, and it is great to see new work.

bowen
11-06-2003, 11:15 AM
Friend S:
Thanks for the post. You're right about all the information-several things in Kirsten's post that I'd like to experiment with one of these days...copper really is the queen of metals.
I'm still not sure how to post work on this site. Time to do some more reading about WetCanvas procedures.
Enjoyed your web-site and the philosophy. Keep the candle burning.
Best regards,B

sassybird
11-07-2003, 01:14 AM
Bowen, I encourage all printmakers to buy the book, The Complete Printmaker. It is the bible for all printmakers, and all areas of the medium are covered with excellent instructions as well as photos to help lead readers into different techniques. I would check on Amazon.com for a used book. They new ones are very spendy, but you can usually find one that is in excellent shape for a lot less.

There are two ways to upload your work. You can use the Uploader at the top of your screen, the small buttons, or you can use the browse feature at the bottom of new posts to upload your work. Just keep the jpegs down to 100k or less and you will have no problems. If you run into any problems send me a pm and I will walk you though the steps:)

Alan Cross
11-12-2003, 01:29 AM
Welcome to Wetcanvas, Bowen! Looking forward to seeing some of your work..
Alan :)