PDA

View Full Version : Fall somewhere

b'anna
12-03-2017, 12:29 PM
Ok, I am in a seasonal mode, can you tell. This was done in Corel 2018 with a combination of the new thick paint brushes and the updated drip brushes. I really like the thick paint brushes but it is taking me forever to get a grasp on them. Thanks for looking.
Barb

Flitterby
12-03-2017, 12:39 PM
This is beautiful! I wish I could paint loosely.

Yorky
12-03-2017, 01:08 PM
Wonderful work Barb.

Doug

b'anna
12-03-2017, 03:31 PM
Thanks Flitter , Doug!
Flitterby, When you said you wished you could paint loosely I just laughed. I think that was one of the hardest things I have ever had to learn (or wanted to learn) I could do realistic, photo realistic no problem but when It came to loose, I was lost. So I truly understand the statement

Again, THANKS!!
Barb

LavenderFrost
12-04-2017, 10:25 AM
Nice work!

I tell people that I paint looser than I used to, it's just hard to tell by looking at my paintings lol.

jow104
12-05-2017, 02:38 AM
Good painting Banna, Well I suppose every brush in the thick paint section then has 4 alternatives to also select (dry brush etc.) or even more decisions when into controls as well.

Lucy-Foote
12-05-2017, 08:32 AM
How nice, and fall colors. It don't matter what season we paint. Just like to do what we feel like. I find it hard to paint loose.... you do very well.

Lucy

b'anna
12-05-2017, 09:07 AM
Thanks John! That is just the tip of the iceberg with thick brushes. There are so many controls and settings for thick brushes. That is why it is taking me so long to figure them out.

Thanks Lucy! That means a lot from a master like yourself. It took me years to loosen up and every time I paint I still have to stop myself from going into details. I recently took up water soluble oils and for me at least I couldn’t get tight even if I wanted to.LOL

Thanks Michelle! I still need to go back to my details every now and then. It is just so calming for me.