PDA

View Full Version : Birds Using Procreate

JTMB
12-01-2017, 04:40 PM
Hi everyone,

I haven't been on WetCanvas in some time, but was quite active a couple years ago. Nice to be back. I've not ever posted in this forum before because I never did any digital art. Recently I bought a iPad Pro and was told about the app Procreate and started to dabble in it. It's a pretty amazing app on which I've just scratched the surface. I definitely won't be using digital as my primary medium, but it is really handy for airplanes or other places where having standard art materials is not really convenient. Here are a couple of bird images I did on Procreate. The Chickadee and Long-eared Owl are from my reference photos and the Wilson's Snipe and White-crowned Sparrow use reference photos from a birder friend of mine. I would say I approached these more as sketches than full-fledged drawings or paintings, but did spend at least an hour (more on most) on each one. Comments/critique welcome.

LavenderFrost
12-02-2017, 10:08 AM
These are very nice! I really like Procreate, it has a very efficient design and is very versatile.

Lucy-Foote
12-02-2017, 08:03 PM
I do like your drawings of these birds. More sketching , as you said.

Lucy

JTMB
12-03-2017, 01:51 AM
Thanks Michelle and Lucy!

b'anna
12-03-2017, 11:27 AM
NICE! I love procreate and find it very addictive! you can do some really nice stuff on it.