PDA

View Full Version : first oil pastel

Henny
11-05-2003, 06:22 AM
Hi !

last week I tried my first oil pastel and this is what came out ... every C & C are welcome ...

it is 30 cm x 25 cm

magnuscanis
11-05-2003, 08:03 AM
Looks good to me. I particularly like the strong bold colours (which I think are the forté of oil pastels) and the way you've reflected some of the blue from the water in the buildings etc.

blissfullyunaware
11-05-2003, 09:17 AM
Welcome to the pastel forum... :D. There are many here that use oil pastels and can give excellant advise... I'm not one of them... lol... :D There is wealth of knowledge in some of the previous threads regarding using them too. Just wanted to pop by and say I like your painting... I like your use of complimentry colors and the use of space on the page ... it draws you in for a closer look ;). Thanks for joining in and sharing your work...

~~~ Sharon

Egon
11-05-2003, 10:00 AM
Hi neighbor ,
welcome here - looks like a narrow street somewhere in the South :clap: :clap:

Kathryn Wilson
11-05-2003, 11:53 AM
Welcome to the Pastel Forum - first a first try, you've done a great job. I love the architecture in this one and the colors are good choice.

What kind of oil pastels did you use and what paper?? Size??

:clap: :clap:

Henny
11-05-2003, 01:34 PM
thanks to you all ...

for Kyle :
I used KOH-I-NOOR HARDTMUTH Trade 7x7mm oils ... named GIOCONDA ...easy to work with ...

gray pastel paper, 25 x 30 cm

Henny

Rosic
11-05-2003, 02:24 PM
Well done... how did you like working with the oils pastels? I recently did my first piece and loved them. Hope this is the first of many that you post. Welcome to the forum.
Rosic

Henny
11-06-2003, 06:21 AM
I'm usually very messy with chalk and charcoal ... oil pastels are easy and clean to work with ... that's why I like them, I definitely will try another piece ...

Henny;)

Alachua Artist
11-06-2003, 07:29 AM
Nice composition, Henny. The view pulls you in. Did you work from a reference image or from memory? I've posted my first two works in oil pastels, and have received a lot of good comments and critiques. I've really enjoyed working with this medium.

I am having detail issues - fine lines and hard edges, but am working those out, thanks to the advice and experience from other OP artists in here. This is a great forum to be in.

Post more paintings!

Luvy
11-06-2003, 11:19 AM
I tried one pastel they sure are different than pastels. LOL Seems harder to work with. This is pretty good for a first. *S*