PDA

View Full Version : A Soft Pastel Landscape from Start to Finish

RobertPal
11-17-2017, 08:13 AM
I recently finished "Marsh Meadow Morning," soft pastel on Uart sanded paper, comprised of two underpaintings (acrylic and alcohol-washed pastel) and using a variety of techniques to convey shade, distance and atmospheric impacts.

Click here (https://www.palmertonimages.com/single-post/2017/11/17/Pastel-Painting-Technique---A-Lesson-from-Start-to-Finish) to see the lesson.

Feel free to reach out to me with any questions. You can also email me at [email protected]

Have a Great Day!!

Donna T
11-17-2017, 12:00 PM
Thanks so much for sharing this demo with us, Bob! You ended up with a gorgeous painting! It was very helpful for me to see that you had the confidence to use your artistic license to enhance the colors. I find it so hard to deviate from what is "real" but you didn't go so far as to lose the general look or feel of that beautiful scene.

RobertPal
11-17-2017, 08:32 PM
Thanks for your comments Donna. Working with digital photos and enhancing the color through saturation using the edit feature of your computer's photo software is a great way to build those bolder colors!

ArtistMelinda
11-21-2017, 11:08 PM
THANK YOU for the wonderful demo and sharing your techniques!!!!!! :clap: