PDA

View Full Version : Bob Ross Style using bamboo tablet

jow104
11-09-2017, 07:42 AM
Ten days ago I purchased a new Wacom Intuos Pro M stylus and tablet, after trying to install drivers for 9 days many times a day and with Wacom support it failed, even a local IT technician had the equipment twice at his premises over 4 days and could not get them installed.

So I dug out a six year old Bamboo tablet and that installed without any failures on my Windows 7 Pc.

Posting attached Bob Ross style painting using the Mystic mountain brushes purchased from Corel Painter for Painter 2018 and hopefully the painting uploads OK using a screen capture program to avoid lighting problems with the Palette knife with The thick paint system.

LavenderFrost
11-09-2017, 10:05 AM
Nicely done!

b'anna
11-11-2017, 08:53 AM
Well done!! I especially love the mountains! I have the brushes but have not played with them much yet. You’ve inspired me to go play!
Barb

jow104
11-11-2017, 08:57 AM
Thanks ladies, going to have a go on a similar subject in Procreate and IPad after watching a Bob Ross style demonstrator doing one. If you want the link let me know..

L Skylar Brown
11-13-2017, 08:51 AM
Sorry to read about your tablet. I have that same Intuous Pro, and love it. It is installed on my All-In-One (Win10), as well as my old laptop (Win7). With no problems at all.
As for Bob Ross- A very good beginners tool, tho he doesn't teach how to paint what you are seeing.

Lucy-Foote
11-13-2017, 10:09 AM
You did a very nice job. I love the scene. Your Mts are great and the pine tree's:)

Lucy

jow104
11-13-2017, 10:53 AM
Sorry to read about your tablet. I have that same Intuous Pro, and love it. It is installed on my All-In-One (Win10), as well as my old laptop (Win7). With no problems at all.
As for Bob Ross- A very good beginners tool, tho he doesn't teach how to paint what you are seeing.

I am wondering if it was my internet I/E was the problem and should have used Chrome?.
Or perhaps the outrage in the USA mentioned by Yorky, but it was on amazon14 day approval so could not hold on. PC windows 7 .

LavenderFrost
11-14-2017, 10:41 AM
Installing a tablet shouldn't have anything to do with internet or browsers?

You sure you were using the correct driver? I had trouble once and when I contacted them they sent me a link to the right driver and luckily that was all I needed.

Maybe a faulty tablet? I wonder if you could get a replacement.

jow104
11-15-2017, 02:16 AM
Installing a tablet shouldn't have anything to do with internet or browsers?

You sure you were using the correct driver? I had trouble once and when I contacted them they sent me a link to the right driver and luckily that was all I needed.

Maybe a faulty tablet? I wonder if you could get a replacement.

This occasion Wacom did not supply equipment with a CD or DVD and the instructions leaflet with around 5 icon displays directing you to install via internet and nothing further. You cannot do anything else with the tablet until your internet loads up the equipment.
Even Wacom support via email sent me three conflicting installation instructions which did not work either.

LavenderFrost
11-15-2017, 09:26 AM
I looked up the manual and it says it should automatically install but that there should also be a CD or you can download the driver.

Did you go to the website and look for the correct driver and download it?

Did you disable virus protection while installing?

If all else fails, don't use IE lol

jow104
11-15-2017, 12:04 PM
yes we even tried Chrome.

Teach them to supply a dvd next time, but not for me anymore, something similar happened with Intuos 5 pro. drivers and windows could not accommodate each other at times
They even stated put in usb and install
Last support stated to install driver first then usb.
and on and on and on with more suggestions

L Skylar Brown
11-17-2017, 06:32 PM
there has to be something wrong with the Download, as that is the way I got mine.