PDA

View Full Version : Goalpost November 2017

*Deirdre*
11-01-2017, 06:53 AM
As Robert's not here yet...I thought I'd start this for him.:wink2:

Welcome to the Goal Post. Goal setting is a very good tool to help people get organized. If you write or post your thoughts, you are more committed and have a better chance of reaching those goals.

Your goals can be short term or long term. They can be daily, weekly, monthly or annual goals. Goals are personal, so everybody's goals will be different. They are your goals, so you can do what ever you want.

Come join the regular gang and get encouragement to help you reach your goals. We have a very friendly group and we are always looking for new people to join us.

Feel free to share links or images of goals achieved or in progress, those are always fun and people like cheering them on.

Mij
11-01-2017, 07:28 AM
Thanks for kicking us off Deidre, Robert must have migrated I think. I did go to last months thread to post an image of my garage painting but it was closed. It gave me a reminder to ring big sis (she is older than me) in a minute, it's her birthday today. 77 y/o! Mind you I'm fast catching up at 75.

Ok image below and did not do any painting yesterday as we had a washing machine engineer visit. The main bearing was gone and the cost of repairing it was more than a new washer......so a new washing machine it is. Owwwww.
Jim.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Nov-2017/69634-half_painted.jpg

Mij
11-01-2017, 07:41 AM
Oh o. I forgot this months goals.
1) Paint the remainder of the garage.((go to goal no 6 ))
2) Drill and coachbolt the baseboards for the models together.
3) Cut off legs to aproximately 100mm and make up framework to fit baseboards with legs left from above.
4) Decide track layout.
5) Some where about the 19th of the month carpet the floor
and that reminds me......
6) order tackless strips and finishing strips for carpeting the floor. ((go back to goal 2))
Jim

Judibelle
11-01-2017, 07:40 PM
Thanks, Deirdre, and hi Jim sorry to hear about your washing machine...
Good luck with your goals!
I will keep it simple and try to do one a week, small studies, just to get my juices flowing. Cold weather setting in, so I'll be cooped up inside with nothing else to do....
Hope Robert checks in, and Doug also...

Judibelle
11-01-2017, 07:52 PM
OMGosh, Jim....i just read over October's Goalpost (I never checked in in Oct. at all!) and can't believe all the woes you had! The garage looks great, hope you and your wife's health is improving, and I hope you have a quieter month this time....Do take care...

Mij
11-04-2017, 04:32 PM
Hiya JudiBelle. Well this month started quite hectic, we now have a new freestanding washing machine (Miele don't do the fitted one any more and as they are the only 'left hand front loader opening' Miele it was). SWMBO is like a kid with a new toy.

I have been too busy doing domestics to complete/tackle any other goals as real life has taken over. I also realise that I am not as agile as I used to be. Age has taken over......:(. I now have to hand over to someone who can (and pay for it) :(.
Ah well it comes to all that live long enough I guess :clear::angel:.
Jim.

Mij
11-18-2017, 08:12 PM
I don't know that I should say any thing in here as the echo might prove too loud :lol:.

How is every one? Well I hope! How are the goals going? Not a lot of reports about is there?

I have been sort of recovering from the recent flurry of breakdowns of domestic goods with the subsequent diagnosis and their replacement/repair. I think I have that licked today and started back in the garage by helping some body from 'freelywheely' take away an all metal bench and vice. Gosh it was heavy but I was 20 odd years younger when I alone installed it. I don't know how I did that. Well I had this realisation that I would no longer have use of it, and nobody in the family wanted it so first inline collects it. That gone gives me extra footage for my models and art easel. I have cut some skirting boards and perhaps I'll fit and paint them tomorrow. A photo of the bench below. Did I say it was heavy.....
Jim.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Nov-2017/69634-all_metal_bench_with_vice.jpg

Mij
11-28-2017, 06:39 AM
Am I alone? Has everyone deserted this thread?

I'll report the successes then - to myself :lol:.
My lads came and underlaid the garage then carpeted it. So I must steel myself to take some of the dross to the recycling centre. I meant to do it yesterday but it was cold and wet. I felt like doing nothing so I just goofed off on the 'pooter. I'll also have to look for a wall heater (the garage is away from the house and not on the central heating) and an office chair. The same as I have here on the 'pooter. I suppose I'd better get on with the recycling now.
Jim.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Nov-2017/69634-underlay_in_the_garage.jpghttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Nov-2017/69634-carpeted_garage.jpg

*Deirdre*
11-28-2017, 12:26 PM
I hear you Jim...you've achieved a lot....wish I could say the same...but my mojo disappeared and hasn't been found yet! Anyone seen it?:evil: :lol:

Bill Foehringer
11-28-2017, 06:49 PM
Nice steady progress on construction project, sir!
After we moved in (April) we had all plumbing replaced. I had to repair (May) all the holes in the walls plumbers carved, so I am done with home projects for awhile.
1) Find sketchbooks in pile of boxes.
2) Sketch some landscapes as damaged right shoulder permits (see November scumble)
3) do a pastel painting
4) complete another
5) and another
6) obtain digital camera, our old camera stopped working.
7) keep painting
I will probably just have to move these ideas, 3) and later, to December

Mij
11-29-2017, 05:11 AM
Hello to you Bill. Yes the domestics sort of get to one and saturation point is reached. Especially after moving as that in itself is a real upheaval. I hope you have managed to settle down some since.
Ok on the goals, yes move them to December. Although not much will be done in this house then. SWMBO had a fall and I needed the help of the paramedics to get her up again. She has MS and each fall takes a little longer to recover. A quiet Christmas is on the cards. I don't mind that as I'd normally do the prep/cooking. SWMBO does all the shopping though online. That saves a lot of heavy lifting and rushing around.
What paintings did you manage? Anything at all?
It is a short month in November so roll on Christmas - let's have some nuts :lol:!
Jim

Mij
11-29-2017, 04:13 PM
I hear you Jim...you've achieved a lot....wish I could say the same...but my mojo disappeared and hasn't been found yet! Anyone seen it?:evil: :lol:
Hi there Deidre and pleased you had your ears on as they say in CB speak. I am sorry that your mojo dipsapeared, it was around at the beginning of the month :lol:. Well I haven't achieved all the goals I listed but enough to make me feel happy :). What have you done? Something must have been done even if it was procrastination. Well I admitted to goofing of on youtube :lol:. I have felt extra tired and woken up later but SWMBO explained that I had been extra busy. I agree - wots more - I concur!
Jim.

*Deirdre*
12-01-2017, 05:07 AM
I'm hoping it will return soon Jim...well done on achieving yours!