PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Scumble November 2017

CM Neidhofer
10-31-2017, 10:35 PM
Welcome to a new month of the Scumble! Most all of the leaves are gone from the trees around here and we had our first snow today! YUK!! Not my favorite season, that's for sure. Join us here to talk about your every day lives, non-art related things, or other mediums you might be experimenting with. Here's to a wonderful rest of Autumn!

Here's a link to last month's Scumble: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1435007

water girl
10-31-2017, 11:15 PM
October is our hottest month, and this year has been no exception. Last week we were dealing with 90 plus degrees, even right here on the coast. It has plummeted to 67, and overcast since Sunday. For us, this seems like fall. We are not as fortunate as you are colorwise, Christine. Palm trees, ferns, fuschia and Plumeria don't produce the gorgeous fall colors. :lol: They do remain green year long, though.

artist_pw
11-07-2017, 11:54 PM
Hi everyone. I haven't been here in years because I've been fighting lyme disease. It completely stinks. Right now, I'm mainly taking herbals because antibiotics really hardly work, and mms (a mix of sodium chlorite and an acid to make chlorine dioxide - a few drops in a glass of water is a dose). The mms is giving me hope that I might be able to knock it completely out of my system.

water girl
11-08-2017, 06:55 PM
Paula, so sorry to hear about your dealing with Lyme. Several of my relatives have had a successful recovery. Some took a lot longer to achieve that goal than others. Have you picked up a pastel stick or attempted a little art?

Bill Foehringer
11-28-2017, 06:40 PM
Hello!
I have mentioned my gap in painting elsewhere on wetcanvas. I am remembering where different posts belong.
I used to post pastels done alla prima on location in the upper Midwest up until several years ago.
Long and short of it we relocated to S. Arizona with much disruption caused by illness (wife's) and financial changes, me laid off at 63.
Have not been painting much. Been painting 'in my mind' alot.
Was just about to start a new routine when I had a bicycle crash. Wrecked my right, painting, shoulder and bashed in some ribs.
Slow but sure recovery. Can't heft a backpack yet but could paint left-handed soon. Lifting right arm up repeatedly even without load causes much swelling.
Can't wait to paint all these new scenes, mountains, desert plants, SW sunsets...
Love the climate here just have to get used to the very early morning good weather in the summer before hiding out later in day.
The weather now is beautiful all day.
I have a large stockpile of homemade panels for oils and all kinds on panels and papers ready for my first 'crush' pastels.
I don't have a camera except for cell phone. I will have to borrow or maybe pickup a used digital picture taker.
Glad to be back!
Bill

CM Neidhofer
12-01-2017, 11:28 AM
Here's a link to December's Scumble: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1438423