PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy Tab s3 or...?

Nakiska
08-22-2017, 02:26 PM
Hey everyone,

So I've been playing around with Artrage and Autodesk on my phone and I feel like I may want to purchase a tablet of some sort.

This tablet would be used for hobby sketching, especially when traveling, Netflix, maybe some reading, Kindle app, occasional games... basic unfancy use.

I like the idea of the tab s3 with s-pen, although the price point is a little higher than I'd like to spend.

Can you all recommend a decent tablet perhaps less expensive than the s3? If a stylus isn't included, can you recommend a favorite universal stylus for said device?

Thanks!

Toni

Attached a couple super quick sketches I did on my phone. (Couldnt get the Mountain icon to work)

LavenderFrost
08-23-2017, 11:31 AM
Unfortunately, anything decent will cost a lot. Check the resolution, if it's low you might not be satisfied with it later. Unless you know for sure you will only be sketching with it.

At least with Samsung you can add storage. I prefer iPad myself, but that is mostly because my favourite painting app isn't made for Android. Also not sure if there is a good stylus that works with Android.

pedlars pen
08-25-2017, 06:16 AM
I've just being getting a "Simbans Picasso" tablet, it is excellent quality & really cheap . It comes with it's own stylus which is good it has plenty of storage & & the choice to double it if you want with a card.
It has plenty of power speed & lag are not problem in the least.
Incredibly for the computing field it has excellent back up too!
This is THE way to go at the moment.
Mike