PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Evening

Thumper
07-11-2001, 02:33 AM
This is about 8 x 10 I'm guessing. It is a linoleum print.
http://www.bocchino.org/user/jbocchino/art/Finished%20Pieces/Linoleum%20Print%20-%20Luncheonc.jpg
Jocelyn

caro
07-16-2001, 06:28 PM
nice! i think i want to try this sometime! how long did that take you?

Thumper
07-17-2001, 02:25 AM
Not a lot of people seem to do linoleum printing anymore, you should definantly try it. It takes a little while, and you need to be careful using the tool, because if you're a klutz like myself, you'll end up stabbing yourself. The length of time it takes really depends on how much detail you're doing, how large the surface is and how much white you are going to need to cut out. I really don't know how long this took me. It took me a while to print it though, because I was used to using the machine that rolls the paper through, but this time I did it by hand, and getting the right consistancy of ink was pretty tough. But if you have the patience, and the strength ;) It's a lot of fun to do. Good luck, post a print, if you do end up trying it!
Jocelyn

mclaughlin
07-17-2001, 09:50 AM
You are right: Not many people do that kind of Art anymore.
Once in a while I see some "abstract"-prints in a Gallery-Window.
Yours on the other hand is full of life and shows a "real" scene.
Great.
Have you made more ?

Thumper
07-17-2001, 01:57 PM
Unfortunantly I've only done this two other times, and one of the times it was just a small print of gingerbread man for practice. I'll see if I can't find my other print that I did last year and show it some time. Thanks,
Joc

mclaughlin
07-18-2001, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Thumper
Unfortunantly I've only done this two other times, and one of the times it was just a small print of gingerbread man for practice. I'll see if I can't find my other print that I did last year and show it some time. Thanks,
Joc

Very unfortunatly. Your print is really outstanding. Are you going to do more in the future ?

Thumper
07-18-2001, 03:47 PM
I do hope I get to do some more in the future. Right now though I'm taking an oil class at night, and working on a mural during the day, so by future, maybe some time next year. But not in the near future :( The prints are a lot of fun to do, but they can be pretty tedious. Have you done any?
Joc

caro
07-19-2001, 11:17 PM
Joc,
i think we did linoleum printing in school once, ... that was about 15 years ago and i remember i liked doing that :).
if i do get to try linoleum printing again someday i'll surely post it here - yours really came out great!
greetings, caro

TeAnne
07-20-2001, 03:39 AM
Very nice, a lot of work huh?

Leaflin
07-20-2001, 05:05 PM
Very nice piece. :)
I did one many years ago and enjoyed it.
Maybe I will have another go.

Thumper
07-27-2001, 11:39 AM
Thanks. . . You really should have another go at it, it's so much fun :)
Jocelyn

Thumper
11-18-2001, 01:23 AM
I realized that the image no longer shows (my page is down, darn technology) So I wanted to refresh my image. I'm quite excited because I'm working on doing a three color print, where you work in steps. It's been a while since i"ve picked up my linoleum knife, and I'm hoping that this time I won't gouge my finger. Hah, that'll be the day.

Has anyone done multi layered (multi colored prints) before? Because if you have any advice / mistakes to be cautious of that would be fabulous ;)
Joc