PDA

View Full Version : Mi-Teintes paper version

weidox
07-31-2017, 09:37 AM
I have read somewhere in forums that Canson Mi-Teintes paper had lightfastness issues, and that Canson released a new version of paper with better lightfastness. That was probably years ago, so I did not pay much attention to it till today, when I bought another piece of black 65x50cm paper from another shop and saw that it has repeated "Canson Mi-Teintes" words perforated on paper in huge font. Looks ugly and I will need to cut that side (was planning anyway to have it more wide format), but at this moment got interested whether the paper with/without perforated words could be a way to determine whether paper is old/new version. Or is there any other way..

water girl
07-31-2017, 03:26 PM
Good question. There are many members who use Mi-Tientes. Is the imprint visible on the reverse side? That is annoying!

weidox
07-31-2017, 04:20 PM
I think there's no clear definition what is reverse side of MT. In forums I have read that textured side is the official one though most are using the plain side. I said that in shop, and the salesman was surprised and said - if that's the official then why the sticker is on it, it should be on the backside. So I will call textured and plain sides until I find a better explanation.
So the imprint - it is on the textured side, but softly visible on plain side too.