PDA

View Full Version : Child in surf

Elainepsq
07-30-2017, 09:45 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jul-2017/42008-child_in_surf.jpeg I thought I'd post this one, with the background story. I was cleaning out one of my old external hard drives yesterday, when I came upon an old .psd file. It looks like it could me one of my boys when they were little. It was unfinished, but I just loved the simplicity of the waves in the background. The child was on the left, looking out of the pictures, which was bad compositionally.
Working digitally, it's so easy to start something and not finish it. It's not like a natural painting, that lays on your easel, waiting to be finished.
It was a PSD file (I'm guessing I did it in photoshop) I had to import the background layer into art rage alone, and then save the layer with the child as a png to maintain the transparency. I then imported the png to a layer, and was ready to fix some anatomical problems, move him and I worked on the background a little- trying to restrain myself from getting too much detail in there.
It's fun to go thru your old files and find hidden gems. Perhaps you got stuck, and just didn't know HOW to finish a painting and months or years later, when you look at it with fresh eyes, something will come to you.

LavenderFrost
07-31-2017, 11:14 AM
That's true, digital paintings are more likely to go unfinished for a long time. This is very nice, perfect scene for this hot weather!

jow104
08-01-2017, 02:10 AM
Nice painting and no doubt good memories for you.

Lucy-Foote
08-02-2017, 11:04 AM
This is very nice and the waves are great. I look back at some old digital paintings I never finished.. maby I will get at them, now I got my new wacom tablet.:)

Lucy

b'anna
08-03-2017, 06:32 PM
That is one of the things I like about digital. You can start, restart and redo as many times as you want and wind up with multiple pieces of art work!
Barb