PDA

View Full Version : Triptych

cjkok
07-28-2017, 06:43 AM
It has been a long time since I posted, or even did visual art. But now, during a few days of holidays, I had my laptop and my beloved Photoshop, so I decided to take on a project: some art to go into a seminar room. I made a triptych, using a mixture of digital painting and photo manipulation. The printed size will be 50 x 50 cm each. The prints will be framed and hung like in the upload, though further apart. But not too far, so the connection between the pics should remain.

The owner of the school liked the thing on the computer. I will keep it a bit and see if I will still change some things. Comments, suggestions etc are very welcome.

Hanshttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Jul-2017/1255199-pics.jpg

LavenderFrost
07-28-2017, 10:54 AM
That's interesting. Is there a meaning to the background images?

Maybe you should add some sand on the pipe in the first one. You know you can't go to the beach without getting sand on everything. lol

Elainepsq
07-28-2017, 11:18 AM
I like it, and it does leave me wondering about the connection of the backgrounds.
2 suggestions. First off, the borders don't all seem to line up. The center one seems to be a little longer? I assume that will make it harder to get hung properly.
Also, I'm wondering about making more of a connection in the background color. The left and center are a similar blue, and then the third is very different, which leads the eye to that one. I realize it isn't meant to be a sky, but I wonder if it would be better with a blue that is more like the other 2, or are them meant to get lighter as you look to the right???

cjkok
07-28-2017, 04:28 PM
Dear Elaine,

I see that the size of the three panels in the post ism't exactly the same. That happened when I collated the three panels to post here. Sorry about that. As for the background colors, I see your point. The idea was to have three very different images with a connecting element, that was rather out of place at the same time. The background int he left panel has a pattern like Ben-Day dots, as for instance Lichtenstein used in Pop Art. It is meant to reinforce the sense of in-door space.