PDA

View Full Version : "Duality"

M3mph15
07-17-2017, 09:41 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jul-2017/2003249-001_jpeg2.jpg

*IF I'M IN THE WRONG TOPIC OR SUBFORUM OR WHATEVER, I'M SORRY, NEW TO THIS AND KIND OF STUPID WHEN IT COMES TO THIS KIND OF THINGS*

I used Photoshop 2015, way too many beers, way too many cigarettes and way too much time (almost a year!) if i may say so. It may or may be not a redeeming factor, but it was my first ever attempt to draw something digitally.

Any sort of cricitism welcome, please no hard feelings if I disagree on it (after all, shouldn't art be subjective?)

Cheers, Memph.

LavenderFrost
07-18-2017, 10:19 AM
Interesting and strange.

My digital paintings take a long time too, not sure why.

M3mph15
07-20-2017, 07:55 AM
Interesting and strange.

My digital paintings take a long time too, not sure why.

Thank you.

I believe mine took that long because I don't have much of experience using photoshop yet, but I also had a system crash and I didn't have a backup file and that delayed me quite a bit.

Lucy-Foote
07-22-2017, 03:20 PM
Like Michelle said Interesting....can"t quite make out what it means.. but your art work looks fine.

Lucy

Elainepsq
07-22-2017, 03:26 PM
:clap: Actually, you are in the right forum!!!

I'd say 90% of the time first timers put their work to showcase in the Digital Forum, (which is questions and such) instead of in the Showcase- where we showcase our art! But no problem, I move them accordingly.

The anatomy that you intended I assume to get right is good. I'm not sure what you were going for, but I'm not a scifi kinda gal, so I'll say it's just a scifi type of thing.

Take a look at the digital forum, there's a thread about all the different digital programs that are out there. Many have free trials, so you can experiment and see if something else is more intuitive for you.

Welcome to the forum!

M3mph15
07-26-2017, 07:43 PM
Like Michelle said Interesting....can"t quite make out what it means.. but your art work looks fine.

Lucy

Thank you Lucy!

:clap: Actually, you are in the right forum!!!

I'd say 90% of the time first timers put their work to showcase in the Digital Forum, (which is questions and such) instead of in the Showcase- where we showcase our art! But no problem, I move them accordingly.

The anatomy that you intended I assume to get right is good. I'm not sure what you were going for, but I'm not a scifi kinda gal, so I'll say it's just a scifi type of thing.

Take a look at the digital forum, there's a thread about all the different digital programs that are out there. Many have free trials, so you can experiment and see if something else is more intuitive for you.

Welcome to the forum!

Glad I am in the right forum!

The correct anatomy is what I was worried about... if you ask me, I could have defined the nose and cheek contours and collar bones a little bit more, and perhaps I could have chosen the nicer lip colour, but all in all I think it's fine (if I may say so myself).

Perhaps I should say something about the motif itself... I took inspiration from how people usually look at things in "black-and-white" manner... Life and death, good and bad, heaven and hell... that sort of thing. But this one "person" personifies both what is seen as good and what is seen as bad and I relied alot on various symbols. It's kind of like "World isn't black and white, it's grey" type of thing.

Also, thanks for the warm greetings!