PDA

View Full Version : Sneezing

impetuous
07-16-2017, 12:29 AM
I just sneezed on a near finished piece ....what on earth can I do? :crying:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jul-2017/3875-received_10158994933030153.jpeg

CM Neidhofer
07-16-2017, 12:34 AM
What ground did you paint it on?

impetuous
07-16-2017, 12:38 AM
What ground did you paint it on?
It is art spectrum colour fix card. It feels a bit like fine sand paper.

contumacious
07-16-2017, 01:57 AM
I had rain hit my almost finished painting this week doing a plein air piece for a show yesterday. I intentionally wasn't using any of my papers that water will ruin instantly so it wasn't too bad. The dots looked about half as dark as the ones on yours. I almost pulled a Johnny Nice Painter when he hears the word BLACK!

They lightened up quite a bit a once it was fully dry, but were still clearly visible. If the marks don't disappear when dry, the only solution is to rework and blend until all the dots are gone.

impetuous
07-16-2017, 02:06 AM
I had rain hit my almost finished painting this week doing a plein air piece for a show yesterday. I intentionally wasn't using any of my papers that water will ruin instantly so it wasn't too bad. The dots looked about half as dark as the ones on yours. I almost pulled a Johnny Nice Painter when he hears the word BLACK!

They lightened up quite a bit a once it was fully dry, but were still clearly visible. If the marks don't disappear when dry, the only solution is to rework and blend until all the dots are gone.
Thank you for the advice ....I think re working it is going to have to be the way to go. I just can't believe I was so stupid to turn in the wrong direction when the sneeze was coming and spray the painting, so so Dumb!
Good luck with your show :thumbsup:

artelahe
07-16-2017, 08:02 AM
Off topic. The examples of your work on your website are stunning. Do you have dandelions in NZ, Bec? Maybe something airily floating would suffice rather than trying to blend?

water girl
07-16-2017, 02:14 PM
Thankfully, you are not working on La Carte sanded paper. I think you can go in with a small colour shaper and a few pastel pencils to fix most of it. With a light hand, the shapers may be able to blend out the spots in the grasses and on the cow. You will probably need your soft pastels for the sky. Here is a link, showing you what they look like and describing how they work ... colour shapers (http://www.dickblick.com/products/colour-shapers-tools/) Please let us know if this works. This is a wonderful painting and you have put so much work into it....I have faith. :angel:

impetuous
07-17-2017, 01:57 AM
Off topic. The examples of your work on your website are stunning. Do you have dandelions in NZ, Bec? Maybe something airily floating would suffice rather than trying to blend?
Thank you for your words of encouragement :)
We do have dandelions and if the reworking and blending hadn't worked would have been a great idea. Now you really have me wanting to try and pastel paint a dandelion and all its fairies :thumbsup:

impetuous
07-17-2017, 02:00 AM
Thankfully, you are not working on La Carte sanded paper. I think you can go in with a small colour shaper and a few pastel pencils to fix most of it. With a light hand, the shapers may be able to blend out the spots in the grasses and on the cow. You will probably need your soft pastels for the sky. Here is a link, showing you what they look like and describing how they work ... colour shapers (http://www.dickblick.com/products/colour-shapers-tools/) Please let us know if this works. This is a wonderful painting and you have put so much work into it....I have faith. :angel:
Thanks for the great advice and the useful link. In the end I waited until it was Dry and blended and smudged until it came right, I think the paper I used was ideal for this kind of calamity.

Thank you again everyone :clap:

contumacious
07-17-2017, 09:01 PM
I am glad you were able to fix it. I enjoyed looking at your work on your website. My favorite is your acrylic titled Tomato Chutney.

https://www.rebeccasimmonds.com/product-page/tomato-chutney

LisaOlivarez
07-19-2017, 09:08 PM
I love this piece! Sneeze and all.