PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scrumble 11-02-03

Mary Robinson
11-02-2003, 12:13 PM
Woo hoo, look what I got??? I haven't seen snow in 4 yrs ;)

Ok, now someone make it go away :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Nov-2003/29489-snow1.jpg

Mary

SweetBabyJ
11-02-2003, 12:39 PM
Wooo-hooo- same thing 15 miles down the road!! Not to mention accompanying alarms as stupid people decide to take a late-at-night drive to enjoy the snowfall- this idea only occurs to people who are drinking, of course. Sober people know the best sleep you can get is that cocoon, dead-to-the-world sleep of a night-time snowfall.

Bodes ill, though, Mary- last time it snowed here before T-Day we had some kick-butt storms over Christmas and NewYears that knocked out power for up to 10 days for people who lived way out in the sticks (like us). Wood/pellet stoves are nice, but if you're on a well, it means no pump- and no water. Stock up now- trust me.

Plus, for caffeine addicts, there's these nifty "one-cup" drip-coffee makers that use NO electricity- just pour boiling water in and let it drip right on into the cup. We have two- that way my cup is still hot by the time his is done.

53 shopping days, Folks.

Deborah Secor
11-02-2003, 01:09 PM
Okay gals, blow really hard toward the east and send all that snow to New Mexico! We need moisture so badly we'll even take the power outages. I can make coffee on my woodstoves any time.

Paint that lovely lavender sky Mary--it looks great.

Stay warm...
Deborah

Mary Robinson
11-02-2003, 03:16 PM
lol, Dee, I'm 5'0" and weigh 118 lb, I don't have that much hot air to blow :D

SweetBabyJ
11-02-2003, 03:33 PM
"Short people got no reason..." errrr-

ooops

I'm a quarter inch shorter- but that's cause I have bad discs. Yeah. Bad discs.

sundiver
11-02-2003, 04:29 PM
Deborah, I'd love to send you some of our rain- and it's cold rain, too. The St. John River is threatening to flood, which usually only happens in spring.
We had our third successful Drawing Event yesterday; 18 participants I think, and more pending. They are lots of fun. MKathleen is hosting next weekend.
Hubby has gone off to NYC to run the New York Marathon, son went off to his old campus to party for the weekend, and Julie and I are holding the fort. I'll get her to post the pastel she did for her dad's birthday.

Mary Robinson
11-02-2003, 05:01 PM
SBJ, you are a skinny little thing, I know you don't have enough hot air to blow it all the way to the southwest :evil:

Mary

hagu
11-03-2003, 03:47 PM
Hi
Could you blow this away please:)

hagu
11-03-2003, 03:55 PM
Hi
Could you blow this away please:)

hagu
11-03-2003, 04:04 PM
Hi
Could you blow this away please:) http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Nov-2003/18913-snjór_007.jpg

hagu
11-03-2003, 04:08 PM
ooops I'm not good at this:confused:

Mikki Petersen
11-03-2003, 04:23 PM
Whoo hoo from northern California. Our new llittle mountain home got snow last night, too. So exciting especially since after waking up to the lovely scenes, it began to rain and melted it all away. The hard part is that last Wednesday our daytime high was 90 degrees! No wonder California is "the land of fruits and nuts" between earthquakes and wierd weather, it'sw bound to make us a little daft!

blissfullyunaware
11-03-2003, 05:49 PM
HEY... who's singing "short people"... us shorties are going to rise up and take over.... YOO HOOO 5' and holding here :D :p (have collasping disc's too but refuse to let them make me shorter... where are those darn heels....) LOL

~~~~ Sharon