PDA

View Full Version : Calling you - my second nocturne

artelahe
06-26-2017, 11:14 PM
6.5x10.5" on UART 600 paper. Alcohol wash using black nupastel for underpainting. Input, comments and critique welcome.

Donna T
06-27-2017, 08:43 AM
Your black underpainting really helps set the scene for this one. It allows your touches of color to really sing! Very nice!

artelahe
06-27-2017, 10:15 AM
Your black underpainting really helps set the scene for this one. It allows your touches of color to really sing! Very nice!

Thank you, Donna. I've seen (translation: am in awe of) your work and appreciate you taking time to comment. Not having a dark ground to start with forced me to take drastic measures. If I were to do it again, I might use a Derwent ink stick of indigo for the underpainting but I sort of liked the soft black which I think/hope helped the atmosphere of the piece.

water girl
06-27-2017, 03:14 PM
Welcome to the pastel forum! I can almost hear the frogs and crickets singing in the background. I can appreciate that you are "not afraid of the darks", as they say. I'm looking forward to more.

artelahe
06-27-2017, 03:36 PM
Welcome to the pastel forum! I can almost hear the frogs and crickets singing in the background. I can appreciate that you are "not afraid of the darks", as they say. I'm looking forward to more.

Karen, darks are about light, right? I can promise you that no frog or cricket or peeper was harmed during the painting of that nocturne. Thank you for making me feel welcome!

Aly