PDA

View Full Version : Question Erasing Oil Pastels

Ratchet
06-20-2017, 12:43 PM
I have never worked with art tools before so maybe someone with more experience, schooling or training can answer this question.

I erased until I put a hole in my paper, actually I was scraping down oil pastels. Is there any way to repair the tear or save the unfinished work other than being more careful not to scrub or erase so vigorously?

tuscanny
06-21-2017, 02:31 AM
I sometimes tear my work as I work on thin paper. I just tape over the under side and then try and work very carefully further on.

Ratchet
06-21-2017, 09:32 AM
Thanks Tuscanny

I will try the tape. I will work more carefully now that I know the problem. I had another area that was in danger so I put the work away. The work can dry for a day or two before I scrape. Let is set up a bit and harden before I try to scrape that section and replace it with other color.

terriks
06-26-2017, 11:09 AM
That's a very useful suggestion, and I will keep it in mind when I encounter a small tear like Ratchet described. When I am doing simple exercises, I use my pack of cheap colored construction paper, and have had to be very aware of trying to scrape anything down too far.

No doubt, the removal of oils is always a challenge!