PDA

View Full Version : Lessons Needed

Javier
07-10-2001, 04:41 PM
I really would like to do some seascape watercolor lessons. Does anyone know where I might find any. Or any good books on doing seascapes. You know -- waves, rocks, shorelines, "The Perfect Wave" stuff, and that sort of thing. I want to learn how to paint water and waves.

Thanks in Advance,

Mary Kay
07-10-2001, 06:31 PM
Look up the watercolor book by Nita Engle... it is fairly recent but i can't remember the title right now. She includes water in all of her paintings, and her book shows how she accomplishes this. She does fabulous stuff with paint.
MK

Javier
07-10-2001, 06:50 PM
Mary Kay, I went over to Amazon and the only title they had by Ms. Nita Engle was, "How to Make a Watercolor Paint Itself : Experimental Techniques for Achieving Realistic Effects". Is this the book you are thinking of?

Thanks,

MissMouse
07-10-2001, 06:59 PM
I just bought the above mentioned book and it has some great sounding ideas. While there is water in all most all her pictures not too many are of the beach.

ameliajordan
07-10-2001, 08:35 PM
North Light Books has a 2 volume painting seascapes. I haven't looked at the book - just noticed it in their flyer. Also, doesn't Rob Ranson have something on seas as well as skys?

Leaflin
07-12-2001, 03:27 PM
Javier
'Painting Ships, Shores and the Sea' by Rachel Wolf is fairly good.

'Paint the Sea in Oils Using Special Effects' by John Robinson is fantastic and goes into the anatomy of waves.

Check out www.EdwardRHamilton.com for some great deals.