PDA

View Full Version : Revolver sketch

Jon Bradley
06-18-2017, 10:39 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Jun-2017/1966978-Sketch18044051.jpg

I've recently been using my phone for a lot of random sketches, and frankly I'm enjoying the convenience. :p

Anybody have a suggestion for a good digi pad? I'm not necessarily needing a cintiq or anything.

LavenderFrost
06-18-2017, 11:02 AM
A little fuzzy but very good sketch. I tried painting on a phone before, hard on such a small screen.

Are you wanting something where you paint directly on the screen? And something portable? I had to make this choice recently since my iPad was getting outdated and went with an iPad Pro. However, for serious painting I would still want my computer and Wacom Intuos for final touches and adjustments on an iPad painting. You can also paint on Android tablets but you can't get my favourite app, Procreate. And I'm not sure if you can get a good fine point stylus for Android either.

Jon Bradley
06-18-2017, 11:30 AM
Hey thanks! Yeah, I always do things at a little distance, hence the fuzz. I hear the brushes found on software gets pretty interesting too.

Ideally something modular, but that might throw me out at the higher price points, which is ok. The tab. Idea is probably a good start. I'll check it out and see how it goes!

Elainepsq
06-21-2017, 11:27 AM
I don't work directly to a tablet, I use my computer and a small wacom tablet. I tried an iPad once, but frankly, I'm so used to the tablet I have that working direct didn't make up for all the features that are missing in the tablet version of the software. I guess it's all what you want to do, and how portable you want to be. I just had this conversation with a friend, that the macbook pro was too heavy, but I need it for my business, and I might as well paint on it as well, rather than buy another expensive piece of equipment.