PDA

View Full Version : Another for Fishjay's Dad.

vegaskip
06-08-2017, 04:55 AM
D Day+1
Jim

Chas McHugh
06-08-2017, 10:04 AM
That is really nice; but I cannot but help think that if the horizon was a little higher in the composition permitting the DUKW to be closer, and therefore a primary subject of interest - it would be an incredible composition.

I am liking these D Day compositions. :thumbsup:

vegaskip
06-08-2017, 10:53 AM
Not my way Chas. This is one of my afternoon jobs. It was at the time of the D-Day aniversary, I did 4 pics.
I was interested in the ship, they were quite an unusual design , emergency war built. I painted the ship then built up the picture around it. The fore ground was bare and it was either a landing craft or DUKW. Never done a DUKW so it won.
Watercolour A3 I think, still in the pad some where. There is another of HMS Belfast opening the pre landing barrage, but it was one of the ones given away in Russia. They have a soft spot for Belfast,! she did a few Arctic Convoys and of course they also renewed her mast, Free.
I find that most people who look at these pics do so for the content, not the 'art'. Just as well for me!.
So that's the story of the D-Day pics

Jim

Fishjay
06-08-2017, 02:41 PM
Thanks Jim. All very interesting artwork. Dad has shown a keen interest in each.

Lester