PDA

View Full Version : art journals

tripperchic
06-01-2017, 11:15 PM
i can never find an art journal i like because the paper is light than 90 alot of times.

So i made my own last night out paper from canson's xl mixed media. It is 98 pounds. Its a nice size, and lies flat to open. I have 10 signatures of 4 sheets each, its 80 pages. Its 5.75x7.25x0.80 inches. So today i took it with me to the hospital for my husband procedure. I drew three different areas of the waiting room. the first one was awful, the second one was noticeably better, the third even better. it was like i was learning what was wrong and apply that to the next picture. I never did anything like this before.

But then, there it was just sitting there and i could not draw that darn desk chair for the life of me. So its back to basics.

I am surprised how much i like my book and taking it with me to draw. so color pencils and watercolor pencils and ink pens and then pans. Is there no where I can't go or can't take with me?????!!!!! I say no. Which is cool beans. :cool:Save

Joan T
06-05-2017, 01:51 PM
Keep bringing it along with you and practice drawing all kinds of things. You only get better with practice. I make sure I have a sketchbook with me at all times, even if it is a tiny one.