PDA

View Full Version : Ludwig Mystery Box '17 - So Disappointed

Bigcaat
06-01-2017, 04:12 AM
So Ludwig is having their flash Mystery Box sale for the next four days, June 1-4. I was so excited until I saw the price.

Two years ago it was $32 and about $7.50 shipping. Bringing each pastel to under $3.00. Awesome!

Last year, it went up to $42 and $9.75 shipping. Okay, under $4.00, not real happy, but still felt it was worth it.

Now, however, they have raised it to $50 and almost $11 shipping. Now I just feel like they are taking advantage. That's BS. Let's remember, these are seconds, which we have no say in what we get. It was fun at a reasonable price, but now, at over $4 a pop, I might as well go get some schmenkes, that I can never afford, and get exactly what I need.

Their greediness has taken all the fun out of it. What a shame.

mandalaToronto
06-01-2017, 10:51 AM
Good to know about Ludwig. Thanks for telling us. Their pastels look so enticing on Dakota Pastel. I just bought some Blue Earth samplers so will let you know about them.

Bigcaat
06-01-2017, 01:42 PM
Good to know about Ludwig. Thanks for telling us. Their pastels look so enticing on Dakota Pastel. I just bought some Blue Earth samplers so will let you know about them.
I've always googley-eyed those samplers. I have a lot of Great American, but also have some sennelier, which I will no longer buy open stock, they break too easy; Schmincke, which I *love*, but they are just too expensive for me to buy too many of; and, of course, the Ludwigs, which I got the past two years in the mystery box, and are *fabulous.* That's why I'm so mad at this price increase. I would love to have some more, but just isn't going to happen.

CM Neidhofer
06-01-2017, 09:12 PM
Perhaps the cost of materials and shipping has increased? Thus passed on to the customer.

Bigcaat
06-07-2017, 09:37 PM
Perhaps the cost of materials and shipping has increased? Thus passed on to the customer.
Near 50% jump in 2 years? That would be quite something. I'm sure the fact that they saw it was popular had absolutely nothing to do with it.

CM Neidhofer
06-07-2017, 10:07 PM
Near 50% jump in 2 years? That would be quite something. I'm sure the fact that they saw it was popular had absolutely nothing to do with it.
I guess I can't say anything about Ludwig pastels. I've met the man personally, visited his shop. He's a wonderful person and has a great crew. I have several of his sets already. Maybe you should contact him on their website and ask why the increase?