PDA

View Full Version : Tips for tablet caring

dcaron
05-26-2017, 11:23 PM
i've looked and didn't find a similar thread so i'm starting a new one on how to care for our graphic tablets.

i have a wacom tablet and the surface gets used very quickly with heavy use. so what i did is tape an acetate sheet on top, and when it gets all scratched up, i replace it with another one, so that the tablet surface remains like new.

it works very good and does not affect the drawing/painting, it's just like if there was no acetate.

i also have a link about an artist who suggested to use refill wire for weeders as nibs for the stylus and i tried it. it didn't work at all. thank goodness i didn't throw away my used nibs (they're still good). his suggestion must have been for older equipment, not sure.

if you care to share your tips as well, please do !

LavenderFrost
05-27-2017, 11:08 AM
Be very careful if you live in a dry place and get a lot of static in the house. I ruined my first Wacom by touching it. Got a big shock when I touched the surface and it wouldn't work anymore.

I don't worry about covering the surface, the scratches don't seem to affect it. I wonder if that has ever been a serious problem for anyone.