PDA

View Full Version : Embellish Giclée Art Paper Print

folkartist1979
05-21-2017, 06:32 PM
I have already experimented embellishing my digital artwork on canvas with adding more acrylics paints and also adding Golden Gel Semi Gloss with great success. I recently made a watercolor/pastel painting and had it printed from FinerWorks. It is the "Premium Giclee Paper" and it states the following: This is a thick (19-mil) heavy weight (310g) paper with the luxurious style of traditional artists' papers. It has a natural-white, matte finish with a textured watercolor feel. Fine art photographers will enjoy its true matte surface with elegant texture while artists will find it ideal for fine-art reproductions, especially paintings with a loose, expressive style.

It looks fantastic printed, but I want to embellish it. I've already added soft pastels to it and then put a workable fixative on it. Now want to coat it and was wondering if I could add a thin layer of the Golden Semi Gloss Gel medium with a roller on it to give it some more texture but I will not be using a brush I just want give it that semi gloss look that I like. Does anyone have any experience with this? I would like to possibly do this with some mixed media prints as well on art paper in the future than always just on canvas.

Thank you!

folkartist1979
05-24-2017, 05:00 PM
Thanks for all the help wonderful forum.