PDA

View Full Version : Morning mist (X-post from landscape challenge)

ColorEnthusiast
05-11-2017, 06:52 AM
All kind of pastels on Pastelmat (30x40cm)
The photo was provided by sundiver in the may landscape challenge.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-May-2017/1975780-DSC02507_small.jpg

C&C always welcome

Esther

Divasin
05-11-2017, 09:00 AM
You did a great job capturing the numerous planes, more than background, middle and foreground...more like 8 layers!:clap:

Very nice use of colour!Save

Donna T
05-11-2017, 10:18 AM
You did a beautiful job creating a sense of distance and atmosphere! I love that stand of trees and think there might be some interesting ways to crop the photo if you wanted to explore their beautiful shape in a series.

stapeliad
05-11-2017, 12:33 PM
i really love those background trees. :)

water girl
05-11-2017, 01:01 PM
I really like the play of cool and warm colors. Nicely done!!!

ColorEnthusiast
05-11-2017, 04:16 PM
Thank you very much for your kind comments Leslie, Donna, stapeliad, Karen.

I really have to thank all actives here in this forum. The knowledge stored here and Dons great spotlight threads really taught me a lot about pastel painting.
It is a great pleasure to watch and learn here.

Esther

mandalaToronto
06-17-2017, 04:44 PM
I love how this painting LOOKS LIKE a PAINTING. I hate paintings that look like photos. You are a consummate artist.
It's hard getting that sense of distance. Beginners tend to make things too large and cannont get that sense of distance. You have mastered it beautifully
mandalaToronto:clap:

nachele
07-10-2017, 04:45 AM
This is so absolutely stunning Esther! as others said, the sense of depth and layers you created is impressive,, I love how you used the colours, and the mist is tangible :)
Hope I can learn here on this forum to be as good as you (even half or one third as good as you would be great :D ).
And thanks to you for sharing your works, this helps beginners like me, I love this forum so far and how the knowledge is spread freely here! :)

artelahe
07-10-2017, 08:40 AM
I love the sense of atmosphere you've given us, not just the mist but the moisture in the sky. Your use of blue and blue-violet in the near, mid, far mid, and sky make the painting harmonious and keep the eye moving. It's a very peaceful painting. The blues in the foreground grass shadows anchor the painting and lead you in. I really like it :)

huanghehe
07-10-2017, 03:34 PM
Very beautiful!

ColorEnthusiast
07-15-2017, 05:50 PM
Thank you very much for stopping by and commenting mandalaToronto, nachele, artelahe, hungahehe.
Glad you like it. :)

Nachele, all I know about pastel painting I have learnt here from the forum.
Recommended books,blogs (Karen Magulis especially) and learning threads were my sources.

Esther