PDA

View Full Version : Alleyway Seoul SK - xpost oil painting

MDerby
05-06-2017, 05:35 PM
I am posting this again because I am about to begin an abstract version twice the size of this one. This is and alleyway in Seoul South Korea. The photo was taken by a friend of mine and he gave me permission to use it. I will be posting a WIP in abstract but felt the realist version belonged here. I look forward to your C&C of this and the WIP.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-May-2017/1993451-Alleyway_Seoul_SK_sm.jpg

sea dangler
05-08-2017, 01:09 PM
An interesting piece of work!,painted with a great eye for detail.
Dave

laf.art
05-12-2017, 12:14 PM
I really like this, the subject is unusual, interesting and well rendered

Reed Jones
05-25-2017, 08:40 PM
I like this very much! I am not sure you will be able to improve upon this through abstraction, but I look forward to seeing it! A brave and honorable choice for a painting, rendered with precision and feeling!

KreativeK
05-26-2017, 12:56 PM
A lot is going on in this piece, and I admire its execution so much...hope to see the abstraction come about.

MDerby
05-27-2017, 03:10 AM
Thank you Sea laf Reed and Kay. I am in the prep stage at this time on the abstract. My concept right now is an exercise in subtraction. Fewer elements and colors. I don't necessarily think I can improve on it so much as I can exploit the three things that first drew me to it in the extreme; perspective, primary colors and strong dominant shapes. The composition has a natural tunnel effect and I hope to preserve that and retain the element of tension we feel when confronted with deep dark places and the menace of an alleyway. It's actually a bigger challenge for me than just painting what I see.

lucindameow
06-15-2017, 02:12 PM
awesome painting!