PDA

View Full Version : Winter morning, Berlin city center

verakle
04-23-2017, 01:46 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first attempt at posting one of my works, so I hope everything goes well...

I just finished this painting of the museum island in Berlin, which has been on my easel for more than two months now. I just couldn't face the cold any longer, even in a painting. :lol: Luckily, spring has finally arrived now...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Apr-2017/2006579-fertsch_beschnitten.jpg

What do you think? Is the window on the building to the left catching the sun too prominent?

Looking forward to your comments!

Ric

sea dangler
04-23-2017, 03:12 PM
Welcome to the forum Ric,this is an excellent work,you have captured that sense of cold perfectly .I think that the glow on the window is ok,because that tower and the light behind the building on the right,balance it out.
Dave

lucindameow
04-24-2017, 01:05 PM
lovely and soft painting!

verakle
04-26-2017, 01:03 PM
Thank you for your kind comments, Dave and Lucy - much appreciated!

Ric

laf.art
04-26-2017, 02:41 PM
Lovely work, the light is beautiful

vhere
04-29-2017, 04:20 AM
lovely cold light - I think if you bring a hint of the warmth in the sky into the bottom right hand corner, it will balance the glow in the windows

oldradagast
04-30-2017, 09:22 PM
That's cool!

I like the suggest shapes as you've handled the cityscape well. That sunlit window is a great focal point.

verakle
05-04-2017, 10:53 AM
Thanks, laf.art, Matthew!

Thanks too for your suggestion, Vivien - I will try to figure out a way to do that (I can see your point!).
As often, I'm a bit hesitant about straying from reality - the waters were all blue and icy. But I suppose modifying nature to suit your pictorial needs is part of what art is about... :)