PDA

View Full Version : Caturday!

spydersmomtammy
04-05-2017, 05:55 PM
Please pardon the overload, but it's our cat's birthday - Venus turned 10 today! So here are a few pastels of her as well. :cat:

"Magical Soul" is 7 x 5 inches, on Richeson Premium
"Pensive Soul" is 9 x 12 inches, on Strathmore black Artagain
"Flexible Soul" is 5 x 7 inches, on Richeson Premium
"Visible Soul" is 9 x 12 inches, on Sennelier La Carte Pastel Card
"Enigmatic Soul" is 9 x 12 inches, on Sennelier La Carte Pastel Card

As you may have guessed from the titles, my portraits are part of a series I'm working on - "You Gotta Have Soul" - paintings of our current (and former, RIP Spyder) furbabies. :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Apr-2017/1396406-You_Gotta_Have_Soul_Panorama.jpg

water girl
04-05-2017, 07:15 PM
Wonderfu work! You have a ready-made model.

madijen
04-06-2017, 09:00 AM
Have 3 cats of my own so love these.

spydersmomtammy
04-06-2017, 11:41 AM
Thank you Karen and Madijen! I do have wonderful models, whom I love very much.:heart:

jlombardi
04-06-2017, 12:49 PM
I have to admit I am not a cat and dog person (allergies). But, these are great! I like the profile with the bit a mauve in it. I also like how you did the eyes in the last one with the cat's head kind of tilted to the left side. The cat's expression almost reads as "What are you doing?"
Your title put a smile on my face!

spydersmomtammy
04-06-2017, 12:57 PM
Thank you so much JLombardi! Venus often tilts her head that way, and I totally agree with your assessment of what she might be thinking. :cat:

stapeliad
04-06-2017, 03:20 PM
This is a wonderful collection of work!
You have a great style- each of these paintings has really good character. :)

spydersmomtammy
04-06-2017, 03:39 PM
This is a wonderful collection of work!
You have a great style- each of these paintings has really good character. :)

Thank you so much! Venus says HI to your kitties, and I enjoy reading your blog and seeing your new works! :clap:

PeggyB
04-08-2017, 01:59 AM
Beautiful pets and paintings. You have very cooperative models.

spydersmomtammy
04-08-2017, 07:41 PM
Beautiful pets and paintings. You have very cooperative models.

Thank you Peggy! Venus (the cat) I actually can frequently paint from life as she is an easygoing gal who is a wonderful model and will often hold a position for quite a long time. Fry (the dog), on the other hand, I always have to photograph and then paint. Being a whippet/lab/unknown mix, he's rarely still longer than a moment - even at 7 years old now, he's still very much a puppy at heart!