PDA

View Full Version : It's a Dog's Life

spydersmomtammy
04-04-2017, 08:12 PM
Apologies in advance for the mass-painting upload! I painted these soft pastels to celebrate our boy Frylie's 7th birthday, and wanted to share them with you kind people. :-)

"Runes of Joy" is 12 x 16 inches, on recycled Pastelmat.
"Chasing Shadows" is 16 x 12 inches, on recycled Pastelmat.
"Last Vestiges of Autumn" is 12 x 16 inches, on recycled Pastelmat.
"Comical Soul" is 8 x 10 inches, on Ampersand Pastelbord.
"Sensitive Soul" is 9 x 12 inches, on Sennelier La Carte Pastel Card.

PeggyB
04-05-2017, 02:14 AM
What lovely tributes to a sweet dog. I'm especially fond of his two portraits, but the others are also nice paintings. There's a sense of mystery in the first one I find appealing.

Donna T
04-05-2017, 08:21 AM
These are all so nice! I especially love the last one and think it does show a very sensitive soul. Looks like Frylie has a lot of puppy in him still!

spydersmomtammy
04-05-2017, 08:51 AM
Peggy - Thank you! Frylie is quite sweet and we do love him dearly! I wanted to capture his personality, not only with close-up portraits that are unique to his personality rather than the standard typical portrait poses, but also showing him in his element. He adores going on hikes with us and playing in and around creeks and lakes. :)

Donna - Thank you as well! Fry is probably the most humble and sensitive dog I've ever known. He has such a good nature, and yes definitely still seems very much a puppy in many ways despite now being officially classified as a Senior. :heart:

water girl
04-05-2017, 01:47 PM
Beautiful work! Thank you for joining us. I too am partial to the last portrait of Frylie. You captured his personality quite nicely. I think your palette choices are exciting.

spydersmomtammy
04-05-2017, 05:35 PM
Thanks so much Karen! For the portraits, I used only Sennelier Paris half-sticks. The landscapes were done with a variety of brands, primarily Sennelier and Ludwig among others. I've been experimenting with some different palette selections lately, so greatly appreciate your comment! :)

Frances Obie
04-06-2017, 10:07 AM
They are all lovely but I particularly like the landscapes..Such peaceful harmonious color choices. Beautifully done.

spydersmomtammy
04-06-2017, 11:43 AM
They are all lovely but I particularly like the landscapes..Such peaceful harmonious color choices. Beautifully done.

Thank you so much Frances! I am so grateful we live near a bounty of beautiful natural spaces where we can take Fry hiking and swimming, and where I can paint. :)

stapeliad
04-06-2017, 03:24 PM
Gorgeous work...I love that turquoise forest.

spydersmomtammy
04-06-2017, 03:38 PM
Gorgeous work...I love that turquoise forest.

Thanks so much! I always appreciate your kind words (and thank you also for following my blog!). :heart: