PDA

View Full Version : Lebkucken and coffee

Linda Wolff
03-17-2017, 05:38 PM
I'm new to pastels. These were Rembrandts that were given to me by my step-father. I didn't have any pastel pencils so I had to work very loose. I have a set of Stabillo's on order, as well as some econ-spacer to complete the framing. Comments always welcome. I did like that pastels are quick and direct compared to my acrylic paintings that often take several weeks to complete. This was 6x6" and completed in maybe an hour. :lol: I think I should go back and add some coffee to that cup. Comments always welcome.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Mar-2017/1969368-Lebkuchen_and_Coffee-small.jpg

water girl
03-17-2017, 06:50 PM
Welcome to the pastel forum! It's obvious you have an art background and seem to be handling your materials quite nicely. Honestly, a small amount of practice and you'll feel more confident. I'm looking forward to more of your work.

PeggyB
03-19-2017, 04:12 PM
No need to add coffee to this little gem. I'm pretending the coffee was so delicious that the cup is almost empty.

rugman
03-20-2017, 07:16 PM
I agree with Peggy, looks good as it is. Very nice!

Linda Wolff
03-20-2017, 09:39 PM
Thank you for your comments. I have an acrylic painting show in April that is taking my time now but as soon as it is up .... I hope to do more more in pastels.

Divasin
03-21-2017, 11:10 AM
Love your colours ...look forward to seeing an expanded colour palette!

Linda Wolff
03-26-2017, 08:25 PM
Thank you, Divasin. My pastel pencils have arrived but I won't have time to play with them until after my "Texas Wildflowers" exhibit is installed next Saturday.