PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Morning Honker (WIP)

Irishwhistler
02-28-2017, 11:52 PM
Aye Mates,
I have an upcoming awards banquet for my retriever club and decided to do a pastel painting as a donation to the club for fund raising. The composition is done on Canson Pastel Paper using Faber-Castell soft pastels and Stabilo CarbOthello pastel pencils. Image size is 9' X 12". This is a work in progress and there is still much more detailing to add including the reflection of the decoy on the water's surface, more work on the sky and surface of the water, and more work on marshland vegetation. The painting depicts a lone Canada Goose vintage working decoy floating on the water. The piece will benefit the Yankee Waterfowler's Hunting Retriever Club and will be titled "YANKEE MORNING HONKER". C & C always welcome.

"YANKEE MORNING HONKER"
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2017/1979094-P1020758Resized.JPEG
Irishwhistler☘️

*Deirdre*
03-01-2017, 05:11 AM
Off to a great start! Photo looks a tad tilted though! Horizon downhill!:evil: :wink2:

Irishwhistler
03-01-2017, 06:20 AM
Off to a great start! Photo looks a tad tilted though! Horizon downhill!:evil: :wink2:

Deirdre,
Thanks for ye reply. The horizon was established with a square and is actually horizontal. I believe there is an optical illusion caused by the way I photographed the piece as it was not square within the frame of the photo as it rested on my drawing table.

Cheers,
Mikey☘️

*Deirdre*
03-01-2017, 07:34 AM
Deirdre,
Thanks for ye reply. The horizon was established with a square and is actually horizontal. I believe there is an optical illusion caused by the way I photographed the piece as it was not square within the frame of the photo as it rested on my drawing table.

Cheers,
Mikey☘️
I guessed that...:lol:

Irishwhistler
03-01-2017, 07:46 AM
I guessed that...:lol:
:thumbsup: :)

Mikey☘️

Donna T
03-01-2017, 11:01 AM
The lone goose makes a strong design, Mike, and it looks good so far! I like the subtle touches of pink in the sky above the goose - it's a nice touch.

Irishwhistler
03-01-2017, 11:47 AM
The lone goose makes a strong design, Mike, and it looks good so far! I like the subtle touches of pink in the sky above the goose - it's a nice touch.

Donna,
Thank ye most kindly.:thumbsup:

Mikey☘️

stapeliad
03-01-2017, 02:39 PM
Very nice so far! Great colors, and it is already very serene.

Irishwhistler
03-02-2017, 12:39 AM
Very nice so far! Great colors, and it is already very serene.

Many thanks Jessica.:thumbsup:

Mike☘️