PDA

View Full Version : Wasting No Time! 20"x 24"

LarrySeiler
02-28-2017, 04:23 PM
I painted this to then produce a giclee gallery wrap for the Ruffed Grouse Society. Once again, an honored guest artist, and once again raising monies for wildlife and land conservation and stewardship...

This is painted on stretched linen...depicts how at the first sign of trouble, whitetail will bolt. But clearly a reason the larger older more mature bucks survive to become older more mature bucks...is their use of other deer, younger bucks, does...waiting til those deer bolt. They watch to see nothing of danger comes to them before exposing themselves. This is all of course quickly calculated, and the buck might turn around and reverse direction believing all attention is on the other deer.

What I did not want to be seen at the immediate on this overcast misty day was the other deer, a doe...running away just ahead of the buck. Walking thru the woods...often seeing one deer, we will not see the others. Seeing does, we may well miss 40 yards from them may be a stealthy wise buck...

Oils...just finished. Giving it a few days for my eye to be fresh, and see if something jumps out at me that shouldn't. Otherwise, I need to take a high resolution photo and work on that gicleč...

Schuee
02-28-2017, 06:54 PM
Very nice. Full of life.

LarrySeiler
02-28-2017, 07:35 PM
Thanks Penny..

jennaboo88
02-28-2017, 08:27 PM
This is wonderful, Larry. The sense of fear and danger is clear in your painting. I like the rugged, natural feel of the forest and the terrain. This is a great painting!

LarrySeiler
03-01-2017, 12:26 AM
This is wonderful, Larry. The sense of fear and danger is clear in your painting. I like the rugged, natural feel of the forest and the terrain. This is a great painting!

Thank you very kindly...

fedetony
03-01-2017, 08:03 AM
wonderful :)

KreativeK
03-01-2017, 09:31 AM
Wow, Larry, I am blown away by this scene! I guess we all know these deer facts but seldom stop to think about their habits for survival. Love it!

LarrySeiler
03-01-2017, 11:55 AM
Thank you...Much Appreciated

Loretta7
03-01-2017, 01:05 PM
Wonderful Larry! Adding the deer with the same coloring and placed mid-ground to your forest scene has brought it to life with remarkable appeal. This I could look at for hours :) .

LarrySeiler
03-01-2017, 01:19 PM
Thanks Loretta...Other than sharing here among peers, I would not point her presence in flight to the public. They will have to look and then see it if paying attention and in fact, that is what one must do walking about the outdoors. Deer are so expertly adapted to the human experience...And one has to think more like a deer to penetrate their secret world and adaptations...

Triduana
03-01-2017, 02:47 PM
A very interesting painting with a lot of depth. I love the composition, with the deer taking flight through the trees, and the doe heading away, it gives a lovely sense of movement through the painting. Nicely done with the warm foreground and the cooler background too. :thumbsup:

LarrySeiler
03-01-2017, 03:12 PM
thank you, Kay...much appreciated. Your description fits what I was aiming for... :)

chammi kaiser
03-02-2017, 03:35 AM
There is a terrific sense of urgency in this painting Larry. The contrasts of soft background and the strong animal works so well. I also enjoyed the background information very much.

LarrySeiler
03-02-2017, 08:46 AM
Thank you... Very good... Like that "urgency" comes thru.. :)

Vivien Maloney
03-02-2017, 05:43 PM
Very interesting painting Larry. I feel the sense of flight! Beautiful work!

LarrySeiler
03-02-2017, 05:48 PM
Thanks