PDA

View Full Version : Baby Portrait

Bongo1
02-21-2017, 11:40 PM
Please let me know your thoughts on this one! I can still make changes. It's pastel on 18 x 24. Colors? Values? Sense of the baby's youthfulness and restfulness? Thanks!

Ruthie57
02-22-2017, 04:34 AM
Ooh, how cute! The eyes definitely say Baby to me, don't touch them! OK, is the nose maybe a tad too long? If not then maybe it's the undefined area in the middle of the nose which is making it read wrong to me. The bridge of a baby's nose is usually quite flat and unformed at this age but how you've done it doesn't read like that to me. For the life of me I can't think how you can make it read better though! Sorry! Maybe the top lip could be lightened a little and the bow and fulcrum slightly more softly defined.
The rest is, to me, perfect, a difficult subject beautifully done!

Bongo1
02-24-2017, 12:59 PM
Ruthie -- Thx very much! I think you are right about the lips and surrounding areas. And maybe the shadows around the nose make it too narrow? Do you think the colors look artificial or morose?

ArtistMelinda
03-01-2017, 08:28 PM
WOW it is such a pleasure to see a baby portrait full of color!

Two comments:

1. Try not to make the portrait larger than the baby - kinda creepy in monster size
2. Soften his lips - the contrast between the red lips and the skin is too harsh - are the lips really that red?

otherwise I love it!