02-20-2017, 05:11 AM
One from the archives

Yorky
02-20-2017, 05:27 AM
An excellent scene Jim.

Doug

NeilF92
02-20-2017, 02:54 PM
Don't think I ever saw a Belvedere fly. We had one in Manchester Air and Space Museum though.
Good painting Jim .

JATART
02-20-2017, 03:05 PM
Great job Jim! How you create such fine work in watercolor amazes me!

vegaskip
02-20-2017, 03:48 PM
Don't think I ever saw a Belvedere fly. We had one in Manchester Air and Space Museum though.
Good painting Jim .

Used to see them in Aden and I think Singapore. That was a good place for 'plane spotting. The dock yard was more or less on the approach to Seletar Tenga Sembawang? And not far from Changi.
Hastings, Belfast's , Argosy's , Twin and Single Pioneers, Javelins, Canberra's even Sunderlands and of course our own Scimitars, Vixens, Whirlwinds, and later Buccaneers and Wessex.
A night to remember...... Showing a BOAC crew ( complete with hostesses) the real Singapore.
10 mess Christmas party at I think it was the Goodwood hotel, complete with a visit from US General Westmoreland and his entourage. We even went to sea now and again!.
Jim
Forgot to say, it wasn't all fun we sometimes had to go to sea so the officers could play with the aeroplanes. They made up for it by taking us to places like Australia, Hong Kong, and even Okinawa one time. Oh Yeh we got paid as well!.

RegisR
02-20-2017, 04:53 PM
Great job Jim! How you create such fine work in watercolor amazes me!

He is a master with watercolors. It's a tough medium, with the transparency and yet, it has the excellent qualities of natural appearing light. But you have to be good at this and this is another very natural looking, but dynamic scene.

I can imagine the grass blowing underneath, as I see motion in the trees in the background. The story is there too, thank you.

:thumbsup: