PDA

View Full Version : Roses - Number four

daydreamer
07-09-2001, 02:36 PM
Ok. Last one. Again it's cropped because of the limits on my scanners width. I can't make up my mind. On the one hand, I love this one for it's color contrast. YOu can't see the top but it's a nice mix of blue, green, toned down with a touch of burnt umber. But on the other hand, I like the composition of the rowboats and it's simplicity. But then, the gondola....sheesh! I don't know!

NorahT
07-09-2001, 05:57 PM
This is beautiful! Good composition, fabulous colour and I like the way we can see into the heart of the rose. Definitely a framer :)

Annalizalou
07-09-2001, 06:41 PM
Daydreamer they are all gorgeous! I don't think I'll be much help in picking one. I think maybe the gondola........ but then those roses!!

Susan

T-Rex
07-09-2001, 10:23 PM
:clap: :clap: DD!

These are awesome! Wish I could see the top, too.

Yeah, you had me going w/ the rowboats until I saw these. I'm interested in what our esteemed moderators will select.

You have a distinctive style, that's a compliment:) !

Good luck, will keep tabs on the resullts......Karen

Ivyleaf
07-10-2001, 01:19 AM
I like the colors you have used here, they are very striking indeed, and I'm not a fan of roses ;) :D ;)

sun_merman
07-10-2001, 03:23 PM
Breathtaking DD, I can smell them even as we speak!

I hope one day to do half as well!!!

:clap: :clap:

daydreamer
07-11-2001, 10:29 PM
I used new gamboge and scarlet lake for the roses.

Man...I love new gamboge but it is so bright! sometimes I wish I had a dimmer switch on this painting!

You should see it in the sunlight...even more amazing.

Sunlight seems to bring out the magic in WCs.:cool:

mclaughlin
07-12-2001, 05:03 AM
It's the second picture by you I saw and it's the second I really like. Will look for more...

Outstanding

Rod
07-12-2001, 06:14 AM
Wow, this one is bright with colour. Lovely roses and a nice composition with the negative spaces. beautifully rendered.

I've just looked at all four, My choice would be the rowboats, its quite different, it has a mood of its own which you have captured,
well done with all four ,
Rod.

Leaflin
07-12-2001, 02:51 PM
Beautiful bold use of colour.
Wonderful job.

Leaflin
07-12-2001, 03:08 PM
Daydreamer
I have looked at all four now and for me it is a toss up between the Gondola and the lighthouse.
I love lighthouses so would most likely choose that over another.
I loved your Bold colours in Gondola.
Lighthouse is my pick.:)