PDA

View Full Version : ArtRage 5 just released

Elainepsq
02-09-2017, 05:56 AM
Has anyone tried it yet? I'm hoping to download it soon. I'm teaching a workshop on Saturday, and hoping to have had a little time to play with it before that, but I've got to keep 4 on there for now.

keenart
02-12-2017, 01:09 AM
Hi Elaine, I have just gotten familiar with the OS, no real artwork yet, and I think it is great, support is fantastic.
I would remind everyone that version 5 does not have a full manual yet and so you may want to save a copy of your version 4 User Guide to a different folder before you uninstall version 4. :thumbsup:

Boxy
02-15-2017, 10:01 AM
Hello
I did some beta testing and made some included official brushes for ArtRage 5.

I love the upgrade because among other things, its new Custom Brush tool allows you to make brushes which blend with anything on the canvas as well as interacting with the canvas surface.

Custom brushes do not have 'real 3D height' like ARs native oil brush/paint tube, but you can at least use custom brush heads with blendable paint now. I made a few included bristle brushes and square headed canvas brushes you might want to try.

The first 12 illustrations in my 2D illustration portfolio (http://www.boxy.co.uk/2D/2d.html) used ArtRage 5's Custom Brush. As do images 2, 3, 4 and 5 on my fine art (http://www.boxy.co.uk/Fine%20Art/fineart.html) page.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have done over the last couple of months.
Thanks

Boxy
02-15-2017, 12:09 PM
"The first 12 illustrations in my 2D illustration portfolio used ArtRage 5's Custom Brush... "

oops, I meant the first 9!

keenart
02-20-2017, 11:43 PM
ArtRage just released a new update, 5.0.2.

keenart
02-22-2017, 01:13 AM
Heads up! ArtRage has just released update 5.0.3!

HwyStar
02-24-2017, 10:58 PM
Nice artwork Boxy!

So far I am really enjoying the upgrade features in ArtRage V5. Nice update ArtRage Team! Thanks to the QA beta team too for catching most everything in this release.