PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble

sundiver
10-29-2003, 08:14 AM
Good Morning!
It's been raining sideways all week. Hope the kids have better weather for Hallowe'en on Friday. I know Hallowe'en is celebrated in Ireland as well as N.America. What about other countries? It's a BIG deal around here.
Drumbeat-Trish and I have been trying to find hosts for the Drawing Events, and I'm looking for volunteers in here. The Bri--er, that is, the English/Irish/Scottish/Welsh (that better, Dawn? :D) complain, rightfully, that the events are too late in the day for them. So then we need a Br-oops, you know what I mean- to host one! Then it can be a more suitable time for them and others from Europe.
So I thought, there are lots of (takes a breath) English/Irish/Scottish/Welsh in the Pastel Forum, plus a few from The Continent, so maybe.....................!!??
It's really no harder than hosting a Pastel Riot except that you pick a certain time to post the theme and images.
Any takers? E-J? Mo? Guill? Smudger?Dawn? Anney? Sophie?Anyone?

anney
10-29-2003, 08:26 AM
Hello,

Rainy here too, but it started only today.

Halloween is starting in the continent too. Big argue about "Should we celebrate this imported event or not". Tradition in France is just to bring chrysanthemum at the cemetary on November 1st (bank holiday). Anyway, my 4 year old son choose a vampire costume, and we will be looking for some sweets on Friday.

On pastel side, I am struggling with my first portrait, you may have seenhere (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=142149).

Have a nice creative day!

Anne.

Mary Robinson
10-29-2003, 04:02 PM
I'm taking a break from the seascape....layering color is tedious sometimes...It's not raining here today, but there are lovely clouds in the sky. I'm going to grab more coffee, read some posts and relax for a few minutes before I head back to my painting.

Mary