PDA

View Full Version : New wip

Shehaub
07-09-2001, 01:31 PM
http://shehaub.haubworld.org/tg1.html

The last of the three elven sisters is started. I need help for a name.. so far, its Evening Breeze, Night Wind and...

Twilight Gale?

Maybe that will grow on me, but if anyone has any good suggestions that include the meaning night and wind somewhere in it, I would appreciate it.

I spent the weekend installing and moving things over to my new computer! I got to step up from sharing a 350mhz with my hubby to a 900mhz to call my own!
:clap:

Maybe this will help me work faster? haha. I can dream.

dhenton
07-10-2001, 10:38 PM
midnight's breath.

Love the steps so far, as for not using so many layers, why not drop the puppies and keep a back up?

Have you tried masking to get a sharper outer edge?

Shehaub
07-11-2001, 01:37 PM
I am going to try masking to see if I can get things sharper in some future character portraits. I always come out with the soft blurred look. Now that I have these ready for the story (being written) I am going to experiment with a few different things, like the quickies that Digistyle posted. I am also going to work with painter more and get better acquainted with it.

I have to admit, this series was fun to do. I learned a lot as I went. It's also a plus that our writers love it when a picture gets put up for a story they have written.

I didnt see a reply to this post until I had already put it up, or I would have used that name! Here's Flara, the baby of the family...

drapier
07-11-2001, 08:23 PM
I was thinking
Sundown Sirocco

That hot North African Wind
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=sirocco

swan
07-11-2001, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Shehaub
I am going to try masking to see if I can get things sharper in some future character portraits. I always come out with the soft blurred look. Now that I have these ready for the story (being written) I am going to experiment with a few different things, like the quickies that Digistyle posted. I am also going to work with painter more and get better acquainted with it.

I have to admit, this series was fun to do. I learned a lot as I went. It's also a plus that our writers love it when a picture gets put up for a story they have written.

I didnt see a reply to this post until I had already put it up, or I would have used that name! Here's Flara, the baby of the family...
Great work. I have a technique of using tracing paper(velum) over my sketch and getting a very clear outline in black thin marker. then I scan it in and color the shapes....using layers for foreground and middle ground and background. I use a separate layer for the line drawing and color my selectionon a separte layer, so that if I want to try different layers, \I just go back to my line drawing....But I think your blurry style is great. :clap: :clap:

digistyle
07-19-2001, 07:58 PM
Excellent piece! I think you have a flair for rendering materials. The clothing and wood surfaces a very well done. I also like the pose. Did someone model for you?

digistyle