PDA

View Full Version : grainery larger

ruth brady
07-09-2001, 07:45 AM
This is watercolor on140 lb block paper from a picture. I appreciate your comments. Thanks.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jul-2001/grainery.GIF

Javier
07-09-2001, 07:55 AM
In its larger format, what can I say except, what a beautiful autumn day on the road to the old grainery. Being able to see more detail of your painting has great improved its beauty.

The Best,

ameliajordan
07-09-2001, 08:00 AM
Glad you got it posted bigger even though that causes some pixelation. It's hard to get a good image posted. Does anyone know if there are some simple directions?
Nice painting - keep it up :)

Rosebud
07-09-2001, 05:25 PM
Larger post looks much better.
Nice gray autumn day. Other than the barn being centered, it's a really nice work.(IMHO)

Rose

T-Rex
07-09-2001, 09:57 PM
Hi Ruth,

Didn't catch the first post. Good painting......Karen

daydreamer
07-10-2001, 11:08 AM
Good painting. I like the detail.

Hey...just as a suggestion...if you use JPG format instead of GIF you'll get better results on your images posted here.

GIF as a format for pictures is good for LINE art. Depending on the settings, it only has a "web-safe" color pallette of a maximum of 256 colors...not enough to properly render photos or in this case paintings.

If you want to get a better representation....use JPEGs (JPG) for your photographs and artwork....unless your artwork is real line art oriented.

JPEG files have the ability to represent a fuller color spectrum than GIF. Plus they have some features to "smoothen" the picture a bit. And...for photos...the file sizes can be much smaller and yet retain all the detail of your photo.

I use a tool called Fireworks from Macromedia. It's great for making web-safe pictures and exports.

Good luck!

taghera
07-10-2001, 04:28 PM
Yes the bigger one is better, looks great, well done. :)

Leaflin
07-12-2001, 02:15 PM
Thank you for posting it larger, much easier to see.
Lovely work on the barn.

caro
07-13-2001, 12:50 AM
haven't seen the former post! nice painting!

Rod
07-13-2001, 05:15 PM
Great to see the larger image , a lovely autumn scene.

I agree JPG is the format to use ,
JPEG stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group

Rod.

ruth brady
07-13-2001, 08:58 PM
Thanks to all for your help. I will look into some better software. The fireworks sounds good.

Thanks so much

Ruthann