PDA

View Full Version : Over all I survey.

Grampy
01-15-2017, 05:25 AM
Acrylic on 20 x 16 canvas board. Used reference photo for bird but the setting is all mine. C & C Welcome
Steve.

Triduana
01-16-2017, 04:37 AM
Lovely majestic bird and I really like your setting, especially the trees on the cliff and the birch (?) trees along the far shoreline. I also really like the clouds. I think I would maybe like to see a bit more variation in the blue though, maybe if the sky was a bit paler towards the horizon? :)

Grampy
01-16-2017, 11:48 AM
Thanks Kay,
You know when you get in a situation when you know it is not right but you don't know where to go with it. Well after a bit of advice I got it back on my easel and the difference now is amazing. I also need to sort out my new camera because it was not that blue in real life. I will post the new rendering when I get it finished.
Cheers,
Steve.

chammi kaiser
01-17-2017, 04:05 AM
Steve, well done on making up your own background. The eagle is beautiful. Good advice re the sky. Looking forward to your update.

fedetony
01-17-2017, 04:38 AM
if you differentiate the two blues, the contrast will enhance the eagle... I suggest to make the sky lighter...

Grampy
01-17-2017, 05:20 AM
This painting was on my easel for days and I could not see why it did not seem right. I was at a loss for ideas so I posted it and got a laundry list and a very welcome list it was. It open my eyes, I took on board the comments and this is the result.
Thank you all for your comments and advice.
Steve.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jan-2017/1984401-Bald_Eagle.jpg

Triduana
01-17-2017, 08:04 AM
Much better :thumbsup:

I really like what you've done with the water, the gap in the ripples create a nice line into the picture. I like the blues as well. :)

KareBear94
01-17-2017, 03:33 PM
What a transformation from the first post!!

Love the second picture much more... I like the reflections in the water and the mountains look more realistic than in the the first one.. Good Job!! :clap: :clap: