PDA

View Full Version : X-Post: Holiday Highway Travel

oldradagast
01-01-2017, 07:18 PM
I'm not sure if this really belongs here, though I already put a copy in the Landscapes forum, too. It is mostly a highway with cars, though it's more out in the rural areas between cities. Anyway, enjoy!

Around Christmas and New Years, millions of people head out on the roads, journeying to see friends and family. Here, we see several travelers making this journey along a modest highway through snowy fields and median-strip woodlands. The low-angle sun, marking the end or beginning of the day, adds some drama and beauty to what would normally be a relatively forgettable scene. For those wondering, this highway has a median-strip of trees, so the opposite lanes of traffic would be off to the left, and are thus not readily visible.

Acrylic painting: 14" x 17"

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jan-2017/153201-holiday_highway_travel1.jpg

sea dangler
01-02-2017, 08:23 AM
Some nice vibrant colors here.
Dave

Tead
05-13-2017, 07:28 PM
I do like this painting, especially your choice of colors, as well as for the textures. I personally would like it more, if only there was just a single car depicted in the scene. There is nothing wrong with your work here, I just enjoy it much more when I travel alone.
Your scene here is very nice, and as artist we must always paint what is the truth, to paint things just as we have seen them, as things really are in life. even if changes are made later. So long, if only, those changes, no mater large ones, or small stay true, always.
Tead.

KreativeK
05-26-2017, 01:01 PM
Beautiful sky and mood in this painting! I was wondering why the left lane car appeared to be heading out in that position till you said other side was hidden by foliage. Great work!