PDA

View Full Version : LACEY

linnieg
12-30-2016, 01:06 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-30-2016/58353_20161108_123250.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: LACEY
Year Created:
Medium: Pastel
Surface: Board
Dimension: 16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Hopefully I can post pic here I need to make the nose look longer its in proportion but am not aure where to add more shadow

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Please help me to intensify the snout

La_
12-30-2016, 01:13 AM
sharing your reference picture would be very helpful

la

linnieg
12-30-2016, 05:17 AM
I tried to download ref pic but it says its to big and I have no idea how to resize it

fedetony
01-12-2017, 07:48 AM
relative position of eyes and nose are a bit off, measure it against the reference...

SilverSwallow
01-12-2017, 04:46 PM
Overall, its not a bad effort, its getting a nice feel to it with the somewhat warm colours.

I think you should maybe look at doing some studies of dogs, and anatomy studies though, as there are a few anatomical issues with regard to your drawing. There are some minor perspective issues too.

With regard to shadows, you have to ask yourself where and what is your light souce. This will aid you in placing shadows.

The fur is very soft overall, and could do with a lot more variety and depth. Push your contrast and values too, as its a little flat.

Keep at it and you will get it. :)

DreyDay
01-13-2017, 01:03 AM
The eye on the right is slightly too high. Good job otherwise. Could use some more contrast but I don't know that much about pastels though, so I don't know how dark you can get with those. Could use some more sharpness with the fur as well, like some more defined strokes.

I see two different directions you can take this picture:
a. Keep that light tone which gives it a more abstract and artsy feel to it, or
b. Heavily focus on details by sharpening everything and adding more contrast to give it a much more realistic appeal.