PDA

View Full Version : Pears on fabric

billmahler
12-22-2016, 01:31 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-22-2016/111636_threepears.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Pears on fabric
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 8X10
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Trying to use more medium - turps and linseed oil- to get a more consistent finish.

It felt pretty good with this one.

I'll try more

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
How does it look?

t1barkode
12-22-2016, 01:44 PM
This is beautiful, I love your loose, bold style. Curious, did you paint this from life or from photo? I would guess from life.

billmahler
12-22-2016, 02:49 PM
T1
Thank you for looking and commenting.
Yes, this is from life.
I'm spoiled now.
I'd have a hard time going back to photos.
Tip...
If you're painting pears like these, better finish in a day or two if you plan on eating them.

Yvonne Keogh
12-28-2016, 07:38 PM
This painting is wonderful like your other one, but it's a bit "boring" - needs some contrasting object in there. Also I'm not sure how far away the back pear is from the wall. Just my 2 cents.

Use Her Name
12-28-2016, 09:25 PM
This painting is wonderful like your other one, but it's a bit "boring" - needs some contrasting object in there. Also I'm not sure how far away the back pear is from the wall. Just my 2 cents.

I don't know... there are a lot of dark and lights. I would say the pears themselves have a lot of contrasting parts.

billmahler
12-28-2016, 10:44 PM
Yvonne and Use
Thank you for taking the time to look and comment
Use- yes, there are some contrasts, but I agree with Yvonne.
I like the way I painted it, but it needs some kind of a boost.
That's the magic of painting... sometimes you paint everything exactly how you wanted to..
and it's BLAH
and sometimes, the lights starts shining
I'm trying to figure out how to control that but I probably never will and that's OK
And... Yvonne - your 2 cents has lots of value

Jules Hilliard
12-28-2016, 10:45 PM
This is a nice painting. However, I see a slight lack of depth here. The red pear seems to want to come in front of the green one. Possibly, more contrast could change this. Hope this was helpful.

billmahler
12-28-2016, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE=. The red pear seems to want to come in front of the green one. . Hope this was helpful.[/QUOTE]
It was.
Thank you, Jules.