PDA

View Full Version : Tea for Two.

Catherine
10-27-2003, 09:41 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/10-27-2003/18742_tea_for_two.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Tea for Two.
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 20x40
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is my first submission for critiquing. I'd rather not say what the inspiration was as I think a painting needs to stand on its own & speak without the artist standing by. If it doesn't speak to its audience then it has not suceeded. The message may be very different for each viewer therefore for some it may work for others it may no.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
---- So here goes--- does it work?

Mikey
10-28-2003, 07:33 AM
The stalks are springy, yes? A relationship about to fall aprt, with the luggage label prepared ready.

Mikey

Naris
10-28-2003, 09:58 AM
As your painting popped up, I thought What fun! Then the tea bag came into view and gave me pause, it kind of put a damper on things. The boldness of the compostion is very effective and the colours are warm and inviting. But that tea bag is going to leave a mess on the table! how about a cookie instead?;)

Mikey
10-28-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by narista
As your painting popped up, I thought What fun! Then the tea bag came into view and gave me pause, it kind of put a damper on things. The boldness of the compostion is very effective and the colours are warm and inviting. But that tea bag is going to leave a mess on the table! how about a cookie instead?;)

It just goes to show how funny preconcetions can make us unseeing of what is actually there.

Mikey

shirleyq
10-28-2003, 12:16 PM
I won't pretend to understand it or interpret it but it is FUN!:) The purple makes the other colors pop.

PS I also see a tea bag.

Catherine
10-28-2003, 09:38 PM
Ok I guess the T-bag goes. Wonder if I can cover it well enough. I may have to cover it and the table all over again. No problem. Thicker paint should do the trick. I hope.

How many yes's for that cookie? On a saucer or not?

Catherine
10-28-2003, 10:38 PM
Its Photoshop so don't get scared.... I'm cheating? Is it cheating to play with the comp. electronically before you do it? I'm thinking of a thrird cup/flower. Maybe a different blue or another colour??? Suggestion? Add a shadowy thing and tone down the yellow towads the back. No? yes??? Help!

Maybe I should go back to the liquid acrylics.

pero lane
10-29-2003, 01:22 PM
I like the fix with 3rd cup! Fun painting!!:D