PDA

View Full Version : Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation CA-15 (WIP)

Gray539
12-07-2016, 06:35 PM
The CA-15 kangaroo was a prototype Australian aircraft built at the end of the war. Only one was built, too late with the jet age. The aircraft was scrapped in the early 50's. Powered by a RR Griffon it looked to be an outstanding aircraft in performance. I'm drawing it as a "what if" one still existed and was sitting in the pits at Reno air races. This will be a vector drawing. I have a good portion of the background drawn in and a crude 3D wireframe I made of the CA-15 to use as a base for the plane drawing. I'll post as it goes along. This will be a purely vector drawing.

NeilF92
12-08-2016, 06:01 AM
Looks similar to the MB5 - will watch the WIP with interest. I never tire of seeing bare lines transform into 3D like , full colour objects on canvas .

Trumper
12-08-2016, 08:13 AM
Lovely stuff and another in the "wonder how far the future could have gone" category.

Gray539
12-11-2016, 02:52 PM
More progress on this one. Starting to draw the plane in. Drawing anything in vector is more time consuming than a digital brush. Just the nature of the beast. Showing the colours not just the line drawings on this step. Everything is kept on separate layers. Long way to go yet.

Gray539
12-22-2016, 12:21 PM
A long way to go yet, but a little more progress. Trying to work out the reflections on the aluminum. Still a lot more shapes to be drawn.

Trumper
12-22-2016, 01:52 PM
It is lovely to see how things progress.The aircraft looks fast just sitting on the ground.